Eleven||

I walk inside of the cafe before checking the time to see its only eight thirty. I sigh shakily, rubbing at my eyes, not bothering to put on any makeup because I honestly had no motivation to and didn't really care at the moment.

I walk across the wooden flooring, my eyes searching the area for Louis but I don't see him at any of the tables I dart my eyes to. I was relieved when he asked me to come to the cafe. I more expected him to invite me to a bar or club, since that is more his scene, that I never liked at all. I've always told him I'll never go to a place like that with him. If anything, he's only going with his friends.

I walk over to the counter and sit on a red cushioned stool to rest and wait.

"Want anything?" The barista asks.

"No, just sitting." I say before he nods and walks away.

I suddenly feel someone grab my shoulders, making me jump and whip my head to see Louis. "Hey babe." He smirks.

I internally cringe but externally fight my way out of his hold and roll my eyes as I turn back around.

"You look beautiful, by the way."

"You said you wouldn't make any advances on me." I snap, knowing fully well I look like shit.

"I'm just a friend complimenting you." He says, furrowing his brows as he sits down beside me. "Now, do you want anything?"

"Not really, no." I sigh, shaking my head.

"Are you sure? I'll buy."

"I'm fine, Louis." I say, irritation clear in my tone as I look him in the eyes. "Just get to the reason you invited me here."

He chuckles with a smirk on his lips and turns to me on the stool. "I just wanted to hang out."

"Why?"

"Like old times. Our relationship didn't work out, but maybe a friendship will, right?"

"No."

"Yes."

I roll my eyes. "I'm leaving Louis." I sigh, shaking my head.

"Rauline, please." He says quietly, putting his hand on top of mine.

I pull my tightened fist away from his touch quickly.

"Let me just talk."

I don't say anything.

He sighs heavily and closes his eyes, rubbing the bridge of his nose before opening them again. I notice he's still in his suit from work. "I'm sorry."

My eyes widen just as I suck in a sharp breath of air, making it go down my throat suddenly and I begin to choke. I cover my mouth quickly, feeling my face turning red.

"Shit, are you okay?" I hear him ask before he orders a glass of water for me.

He puts his hand over mine again, making me look up quickly to see the glass of water in his other hand. I take it from him with my shaky hand and gulp the cold liquid down quickly. I sigh heavily when I'm done, putting the glass on the counter roughly.

"What happened?" He asks.

"I was fucking choking." I snap.

He puts his hands up in the air as if surrendering, making me roll my eyes at his playfulness.

"But seriously, Rauline. I'm sorry."

I blink, staring into his eyes before looking away and laughing.

"Louis stop." I say through my laughter. He frowns and blinks, looking taken aback at my reaction. "Seriously, that might have been the funniest thing you've said all night."