Eight||

"Fuck this, fuck that, fuck everyone."  Diane mumbles, walking into the living room from the front door, glaring at the ground. I look at her with raised eyebrows as Harry walks in after her with a small, amused smile, shopping bags in his hands.

"What happened?"  I ask, sitting up slightly.

Diane groans angrily, storming into the kitchen without looking or talking to me. I look at Harry.

"She's just embarrassed." He sighs, shrugging.

"What happened?" I ask again.

He sits next to me to look at the television. "So, we were at the mall, shopping for clothes for our trip to Florida. Diane tried on a dress and came out to show me. She liked it on herself and so did I. But then..."He sighs. "A woman said she was looking for that dress for her daughter. So... Diane told her that there are other stores that sell the dress and the woman said that she checked every place else and there was none. So then Diane said, "You snooze you lose"." Harry says, raising a finger up a wave it in the air to mock Diane, making me laugh quietly to myself. "And they proceeded to fight until eventually the women tore a piece of the dress off of her, and I had to cover her up so she can get back into the dressing room without people staring at her exposed ass."

"Oh shit."

He nods. "Yeah, and we also had to buy the dress."

"But you didn't even tear it."

"Diane was the one trying it on." He shrugs.

"And your not mad?"

"I'm trying to be the one that calms her down 'cause an angry Diane and an irritated Harry doesn't go well together." He whispers.

I smile.

"That was one crazy ass mama bear, Diane." I say as she walks back into the living room.

"Right?" She exclaims, throwing her arms up in the air."Harry is so calm,"

"Diane baby, it's okay. Just make some tea and sit down."

"It is not okay. I hope I see her again so I can shove a damn cactus up her dusty vagina."

"That would be a lot of blood and some police charges. And we don't need that right now." Harry says, standing up, walking over to the girl and putting a comforting hand behind her back. She nods quietly, sighing heavily.

"Sorry y'all. For my anger." She says, walking towards her bedroom.

"Oh Diane, stop." I reassure her.

Harry smiles slightly."Yeah Di, I love your anger when it's directed towards other people."

The dark skinned girl rolls her eyes and turns around to playfully slap Harry's cheek in a gentle manner before going into her bedroom and closing the door in Harry's face.

He shrugs. "I guess she needs some time alone." He sighs, setting the shopping bags on the floor in front of the door. "I'll be in the kitchen eating if you need me." He smiles.

"Mind if I join you?"

"Not at all."

THE NEXT DAY

"In college, I studied business." I tell the woman in front of me, sitting behind a wooden desk filled with documents and a picture of herself in a fancy frame.

"How does that make you qualified to be my assistant?" She asks, quirking up an eyebrow.

"Well, I've got to start somewhere and hopefully work my way up, right?" I chuckle as she stares into my eyes with a frown. But she doesn't smile back, just looks down again, writing something on a clipboard.