Avatar

"You got it Lu-chan!" A petite girl cheered as she watched her best friend master the element she was probably the worst at... Earth bending. "Show Gajeel what you've got!"

Lucy smirked, feeling relieved that she finally got it down, after 5 long weeks of training with the oddest master she has ever been learning with.

Gajeel, unfortunately, got distracted by Lucy's companion, and was knocked to the ground by a rock pillar that shot from his feet. He laid motionless for a moment before letting out a loud chuckle and sitting up, moving the hair out of his face. "Not bad blondie. Of course you didn't actually beat me because I mean... Come on. But I think it's time for you to find your next master."

Lucy beamed and jumped up and down. "Yes! I'm almost there! Yes! All that's left is..... Oh no."

The small girl giggled and walked over to the earth bender, handing him a water bottle. "I know it's not your favorite element to practice. But you need to learn fire bending no matter what."

"But Levy it's so unpredictable. I nearly burnt down the who North Pole! I made Juvia cry because I burnt the back of her engagement necklace." The blonde complained, watching as Gajeel jumped off the ground and dusted himself off, while drinking every last drop of water.

"Juvia is fine now!" A voice chirped behind her. "Gray-sama made Juvia a new one."

Lucy turned to see Gray trudging on behind her with his hands in his pockets, giving a little shrug. "You have to give it a chance. It's kinda mandatory. If I'm making things better, I know someone who is perfect to teach you. You tend to learn better under annoying people."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Gajeel and Juvia mumbled.

"I'm annoying?" A small voice sniffled to Lucy's right.

"No Wendy not you!" Gray flinched and tried to ease the girl's crying.

Lucy blew Gray away from Wendy and brought her into a hug. The young girl blushed as her face was squished from the avatar's cleavage. "There you go again making girls cry."

Gray huffed and crossed his arms. "Not like I mean to... Just— ugh! Let's just get you to our next destination."

Lucy sighed and soon nodded, letting go of Wendy as she needed to go get her flying bison ready for flight. "Yeah. Bring me to this new master..." She grumbled.

Levy smiled and looked back at Gajeel who gave her a farewell smirk. She knew he wasn't tagging along, claiming he was a lone wolf who trained poor souls on the road.

Lucy said her goodbyes to her earth bending teacher before blowing herself up onto the sky bison's saddle.

---

"Ah! Natsu!" A redhead beamed with proudness as she approached the pink hair fire bending master. "I heard the Avatar was coming... She might be coming to learn from you."

Natsu looked up and over at the sword master with a shrug. "There's plenty of other people in this area who are more suited to teach her, Erza. I'm still pretty knew at teaching people, I'm not really good at it either."

Erza smiled and sat down on the corner of his dining table, looking down at the bowl of noodles in front of him, as well as a piece of paper that he shielded with his forearm. "Hm... I think you're actually excited for the chance to teach her."

"Tch... Why would you say that. I hope she doesn't choose me."

"Yeah? Then what are those things you drew on that paper? Fire bending techniques for the Avatar. Hm... I wonder." Erza said, letting out a small snicker as he turned a light shade of red, quickly crumbling the paper and burning it in his hands.