•Even If•

December sat at the granite bar with me. I had told her the whole story, every detail, and I didn't dare leave anything out.

She hugged me so hard, rubbed my back, even cried a little with me.

"I think you should quit being a villain or a hero, or whatever you are. That is why this happened." December spoke.

Looking down at my Dr. Pepper, I stirred the ice around precariously, "Even if I wouldn't have become, TigerGirl, this would have still happened. I beat up those guys at the, Street Market, and they have been looking for me ever since." I answered, I was right, my Mother would still have been killed, no matter what I chose.

December nodded her head, when a tall form came through the doors.

"Who are you?" Brutus said watching the man.

The mysterious person was in a deep purple trench coat with a green hat.

"Nygma." He said flatly, and walked over to me.

"I've got a pretty good guess that you are, Clark, yes?" He Said.

Brutus cracked his nuckles and was rolling his arms to loosen his muscles, "Want him out, Vic?" He said his eyes set on Nygma.

I looked from the man to Brutus, "No, it'll be alright."

Brutus nodded his head and stood back next to the door, ever so often looking over his shoulder at us.

"What's your first name?" I asked.

He leaned on the granite bar, "Edward, and yours, Clark?"

I smiled, "That's all you need to know, Edward."

He nodded, "Of course. Anyways, I've heard some things in the dark crevices of Gotham, and it's some terrible things that have happened." He said causally.

I glared, "And what's that, Nygma?"

"I won't repeat it, but, I do know where a certai someone will be." He said.

I smirked, "And when and where will that be?" daring him.

"It's a riddle, Clark." He said sliding over a note.

I looked to him, confused, "Why can't you just tell me?"

He shook his head, "I like games, Clark. You'll soon find that out." He said tipping his hat again and walked towards the door.

"Thank you." I smiled.

He opened the dark door and disappeared into the street.

Flipping the card over, I examined the purple handwriting.
~~

Batman sat at Catwoman's desk. He looked at the card, flipped it over, and then reread it again.

"It's on the back of a business card." Batman said.

Selina sat at the windowsill of her office watching us all. Robin sat in the red swivel chair while I paced back and fourth and Batman sat behind Selina's desk.

"Riddle me this.." Batman said softly, "What is two days after the day after the day before yesterday." He finished.

Robin scratched his head and Selina looked out of the window.

"What is two days after the day.." I began

"After the day before yesterday." Robin finished.

I pulled up a chair to the desk and sat down.

"This is going to take a little bit." Selina grinned getting up.

Batman flipped over the card, "GCPD, Agent Gordon."

"Why did Nygma give us a business card on Gordon?" I questioned.

Robin sat back in his chair an hummed, while Batman and I stared at the card.

"It has to be, either Today or Tomorrow, but I'm not sure why he gave us this card."

I sat in the chair, realization finally hitting me. "He gave it to me because he knew Antonio killed my Mother, he gave us a riddle to figure out when he was going to be at the Gotham City Police Department!" Jumping up, I knocked Robin from his seat.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry." I said pulling him up.
Robin swatted my hands away but pulled me into a tight hug, "It's fine, Tiger."

Batman smiled, "Good work, TigerGirl." He said.

Looking down at the card he flipped it back over to the handwriting and touched his temple.

A faint marking glowed on the paper, "It's today." Batman growled.

"Antonio will be there today." He said getting up quickly.

Running out of Selina's office, Batman told her about the clues and we all raced down to the GCPD.

~~

"Detective Gordon?" I asked at the first desk.

"Up there." A lazy blonde said, pointing over her shoulder.

I ran over to the stairs and quickly climbed them, taking the steps by two's.

"Gordon." I huffed.

"Victoria?" Detective Gordon asked.

Batman came up behind me, "Where's Antonio?" He asked.

~~

-Cassie🎉