Seven; Paisley

Calum's POV:

I recognized Calli, I wasn't sure where but I did. She had a familiar warm glow that radiated from her. Her brown eyes were warm and the small smile comforting. It started to bug me even more as I sat beside Michael and slowly ate the bowl of hot chips he ordered for me. Chip after chip I slowly ate and eventually Michael tapped on my shoulder. I flinched away and fell off of the stool. I blushed a bright red as I dusted off and stood up.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"C'mon, Clarissa will be gone by now." Michael said and started for the door. Just as I went to follow Calli spoke up.

"Wait!" She called. "You said your name was Calum, right?"  I nodded. "Could I borrow you for a few minutes to talk?"

I looked to Michael who merely shrugged. "O-Okay..." I mumbled and walked towards where she stood.

"C'mon, let's go out the back do no one can hear." She said and led me through a side door into a small yet cozy room."

"Y-You wanted to talk to me?" I asked.

"Yes... Um, you can take your hat off." Calli said.

"No, uh, I'm all good. It's comfortable." I shook my head.

"I mean, I know what you are Calum. I know that you're a hybrid and are crossed with a boarder collie." She said.

"H-How..?" I stuttered. "You can't tell anyone! Please! They'll kill me!"

"I won't tell anyone, don't worry." Calli chuckled. "I'm one too." She then pulled her hat off and shook her head.

What stuck out from the honey colored strands is what got to me most; a pair of leopard ears stood up proudly. But that's not what got to me most, no it wasn't. It was the tail she freed from her pants. Her tail was long and covered in spots and golden fur; as well as scratches.

"Do you remember Naomi, Calum?" Calli asked.

"Mhm, she helped when I first arrived at the fighting place." I nodded.

"Well she didn't die, she got out." The leopard hybrid said.

"What do - You're Naomi!" I exclaimed and pulled her into a tight hug."

"That I am." She smiled.

"How did - how did you get out? W-We were told that you d-died!" I said as I pulled away from the hug.

"Well I'm obviously not dead." She chuckled and shook her head.

"I knew the kids we were up against from the labs. I told them to pretend to kill me and I would try to free them if I got out. And look at where I am now." She gestured around us.

"That was smart." I complimented.

"Yeah I know," Naomi laughed. "Who's still hanging around?" She asked.

"Ryder, Lux and Harlow." I answered.

"No Eli?"

"Nuh uh, he died the night I got out." I told her.

"How did Harlow take it?" Naomi looked concerned.

"Really badly, and that's just what I saw." I replied.

"Poor thing." She sighed.

It was quiet for a moment before I spoke once again. "Would you - Could you help me free them?" I asked. "I promised them that I would get them out."

"I'll certainly try." She nodded.

"Thanks Naomi." I grinned and hugged her again.

"No problem Cal, come by anytime. But you gotta remember to call me Calli not Naomi." She reminded me.

"I know." I nodded and we left he room. "Can I tell Michael? He already knows about me."

"Go ahead but if he tells anyone I won't hesitate to skin him." She said sternly.

"Copy that." I laughed.

We walked into the seating area of the diner after putting our hats back on and I saw Michael and Ashton chatting and sipping on cups of coffee.

"You ready Calum?" Michael asked.

"Mhm." I nodded.

We once again walked towards the door and actually made it past the threshold this time.

"How'd you know Calli?" He asked.

"She's a hybrid and she tricked her way out of the fights." I told him.

"Really?" I nodded. "Cool.." He breathed. "What type of hybrid is she?"

"She's a leopard one and her actual name is Naomi." I told him.

"Right..But I'm guessing just call her Calli?" He asked.

"Yep." I replied.

I kicked a small pebble most of the walk and hummed randomly as we walked. We arrived back and Michael's flat after quite a while of walking. As soon as we walked in the door Michael made a beeline for the couch. I chuckled and shook my head as I took a seat on the floor nearby.

"Why do you stay with Calli if she hits you?" I asked him.

"S'only happened once." He replied.

"I know I haven't been out long, but I know for a fact that it's not healthy." I said.

"I love her, okay Cal?" He sighed. "And don't think that I don't know it's not healthy. Believe me, I know."

"But - "

"Just drop it, okay Calum?" He cut in. "I don't need you telling me to leave as well." Michael sighed as he rubbed his face with the back of his hand.

"Actually I was going to ask what it was like when you met her. I don't know anything other then the fighting." I retorted.

"It was great, we were Prom King and Queen and it was so great being with her. She was my best friend and my girlfriend." He said with a small smile playing on his lips. "I was just the kid at the back of the class that hated the world, then I met her.. I just - I don't know what happened... After graduation we went on a road trip with our friends and when we got back she was different." The smile was gone, he just looked sad and in need of some love.

I didn't know what to say my or how to respond so I sat silently and watched him as he lay there looking sad and unwanted. He was wanted, I wanted him around. He did save me after all and Naomi seemed to like him quite a bit, as did Ashton. I just wished that one day he would end it and find someone who would treat him right, he did deserve it after all.

//

I quite like this chapter :3

So Naomi didn't die... Expect to see her in a few more chapters. ;3

Peace out Girl Scouts, I'll see you on the flip side xx