Eighteen; Ariana

I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? ~Ernest Hemingway

Michael's POV

Calum sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed. I had no idea what to do. I held onto him as if I would lose him when I let go, and I let him cry out his fears until he fell asleep. When his cries had turned into snores, I separated from him and got up off the bed.

I could hear my phone going off on the table in the corner. Before it woke up Calum, I walked over and answered it. "Hello?"

"Michael! I finally got ahold of you!" I wrinkled my nose when I heard Clarissa's voice. "I finally convinced Ashton to give me your phone number." I was not at all mad at the fact, Ashton probably thought he would give me some closure. "Where are you?"

"With Calum." I said quietly.

"Well, can you come and meet me at Wilson's? That bar you and your buddies went to in high school?" Clarissa asked. "Maybe in two hours, I just want to talk to you really quickly."

"Clarissa why can't you just tell me over the phone - "

"Because I need to see you Michael." Clarissa said and I swallowed hard.

"O-Okay.." I said quietly. The phone went dead and I turned my head to where Calum was lying. I was dedicated to him, was I not? For some reason, I found Clarissa to still entice me. Maybe I should not be letting Calum kiss me, after all, I never thought I was completely off of Clarissa, I did not want to give him a half hope.

So I turned and I walked out of the apartment and made my way to the bar. I hated that bar, it had a lot of useless fighting. I walked inside and could see Clarissa through the smoke in the back. I walked over there and let out a sigh as I sat down.

"I didn't actually think you were going to come!" Clarissa smiled wide. "How's it going?"

"Fine." I said bitterly.

"Do you still hang out with Calum?" Clarissa asked, I nodded my head. "I was looking into that whole hybrid thing, Calum can technically go to the police, he's considered a human."

"He is?" I asked.

Clarissa nodded her head. "When the experiments started, they had to get governmental approval, and so they decided that since they were taking humans and mixing them, that when they came out as the hybrids, they would still be granted fundamental rights! That whole organization is just as bad as human trafficking."

"So the fights would be shut down?" I asked.

"Yes, and all of the scientists would have to stop their research." Clarissa said.

"But there's no way for Calum to get anything out of what they did to him?" I asked.

"There's no reverse procedure, and I mean, the scientists would stop creating hybrids. That might damage his love life a little." Clarissa chuckled. "Speaking of which, I didn't want you here so I could talk to you about Calum, I wanted to see you."

"Sure you did." I sighed.

"I miss you a lot Mikey. Come back with me, we can make it alright." Clarissa smiled. I let out a sigh. "Don't you miss me?"

"Clarissa how can I look at you and know that you aren't going to cheat on me again?" I asked. "I saw you sleeping with another man."

"You have to trust me, after what we've been through, Mikey." Clarissa sighed. "I promise it'll be better this time, but you can't just give up now."

"Oh really." I scoffed.

"Just, at least consider it." Clarissa leaned forward and pecked her lips on mine before standing up and leaving. I sat there for a good fifteen minutes trying to get my thoughts in order before leaving the room.

I wanted to focus on helping Calum, but how could I help him when I couldn't even help myself?

I returned to the apartment and walked up the stairs to see Calum still asleep. So he really could go and talk to the police, they would shut the whole thing down, and the government knows all about how hybrids like Calum exist. I wonder how they ended up there, if they ever donated themselves to this science, where did these kids come from?

I sat down at the desk and pulled out a piece of lined paper from the pocket of my jacket. I stuffed them back in there a while ago, so that no one would see them. I wanted to get out my emotions on paper a little bit, despite the fact that it might not end well.

It was the paper with my dead girlfriend on one side. I looked at it and cringed.

Wait, girlfriend? She was my ex-girlfriend, I had to keep reminding myself that.

While I was sketching I thought a little bit. What would I actually do about the whole dilemma, everything in my was screaming no, but there was always a little part of me that wanted things the way they were before we graduated, I wanted that life back, and maybe her reaching out to me made it seem like that idea was not so strange at all.

But I liked being with Calum, he made it feel like I was supposed to exist, like my whole point was not futile. Although, I was worried that this would never last. Everyone leaves me, and Calum is no exception.

I remembered sketching myself hanging, which in all honesty was not the best choice, but all I wanted was death so I would never have to think about the whole situation again. So I could get Clarissa out of my mind and so I would not have to worry about Calum anymore. I wanted everything to be done and over with, and eventually made a pack in my head that I would help Calum's friends get out, but after that I wanted nothing to do with that life. After that, I was done all together.

I don't remember if I finished the drawing or not, all I remembered is falling asleep with my head on the desk.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

It's been a long ass time, and I was supposed to make this happy but screw that I guess. I was looking through the book to see something and totally noticed I put one of the chapters up wrong so it makes no sense, so Ima fix that now.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX