16. A mortal, A wizard and A Beast

Owen looked at the man who had held April captive. He had a murderous glint in his eyes, and he could see the fangs descending from his gums. The man had covered himself in a hooded cloak to protect him from the sun.

"Do you think, it is that easy to enter my castle and attack my people right under my nose?" The man snarled in anger.

"Or did you think, this weak mortal could take a castle full of Vampires!? This is Terra Nosferatu! Land of Vampires? Did you think two of you could fight us off? Adrian barked infuriatingly.

"A mortal and A spell chanter? What a combination I must say," Adrian spat.

Owen tried to move but Adrian increased pressure on April's throat, and she whimpered in pain.

"Tsk Tsk. I would not do that if I were you," Adrian threatened.

"Let the girl go. Your fight is with us," Owen tried to reason with him.

"And why would I do that? She could be a good pet of mine, don't you think?" Adrian retorted with a sardonic smile on his face as he licked the skin of April just below her ear. April tried to flinch and Adrian growled which froze her in fear.

" Like I said, why the attack? Hmm? We were living rather peacefully don't you think so?" Adrian questioned tilting his head to another side with an innocent smile on his face, but Owen knew better than that.

" I am warning you, Prince, Let. the. Girl. go!" Owen spoke through his clenched teeth.

April had a hard time breathing as the fingers around her neck and coiled her neck as a python does to a tree after hunting its prey. She very slowly moved her hand near her pocket and took out the knife. Adrian was still busy with Owen exchanging heated words. She tilted knife so that now blade of the knife was facing her and she quickly aimed at the fingers of Adrian which were around her neck. She heard a writhing scream of the man who held her captive, and she fell out of his grasp. She started crawling away from him with the support of her hands.

"You will pay for this," Adrian threatened in pained voice and walked where April stood and threw her away with his other hand. April's head collided with the wall behind her, and her head started spinning. She could feel warm and thick liquid gushing out of her forehead and faint screams of someone and someone snarling. Everything was happening in slow motion. She felt herself being lifted in mid-air and being taken somewhere. The temperature around her dropped and so did the aura. It was vile, cruel and repulsive. Even in her semi-conscious state, April could tell that there was a presence of someone dark.

"Throw it on her," She heard someone ordering and soon April felt a bucket of cold water thrown on her. She slowly came back to her senses and saw a beautiful woman with striking red-coloured hair kneeling in front of her observing her. The cold water was again thrown on her, and it numbed her mind she could feel goosebumps slithering up her arms and legs. Her mouth quivered, and her body started shivering vigorously. Coldwater burning her already damaged skin. She spluttered out some water and started coughing violently.

"Ah, now that you are awake, tell me how do you work for and why did you attack us? " The woman snarled and took hold of April's hair to make her look at the woman in front of her. April weakly opened her eyes and looked around her. Her eyes widened at sight in front of her. Owen, Martha and Talia were captured and were bound in shackles in front of her. Tanya was nowhere to be seen. April couldn't speak. She just wanted to sleep.

"Answer me!" The woman demanded. Her voice was like the scraping of nails on a chalkboard.

"Shut up!" April mumbled drowsily. She heard gasps around her as if she has committed a murder.