8. Lamia (Unedited)

One hundred years ago...

She sat on her throne with cold menace in her eyes. Her lips pressed were into a thin line. She eagerly waited for the news which she wanted to hear since the past three decades. She wanted them to be annihilated. Her fiery tresses flowed down her shoulder, razor-sharp fangs on display; she snarled in annoyance. She squared her shoulders, and her pale porcelain skin illuminated against the torches' flame hung on the wall. There was barely any light; their windows were shut preventing the infiltration of the sun rays.

The hall looked gloomy and dull. It was her personal vendetta against them. She could only fool the Goddess once. She knew even gods didn't favour her anymore. This situation had to be handled personally.

"Victor why is it taking so long?" She grumbled. The door of The Great Hall burst open, "My Queen, I apologise for my dilatory! But I am very glad to inform you that the reinforcements you sent to finish the task have been successfully effectuated. All Hail to Her Highness, Our Queen Lamia." The news bearer bowed in front of her.

The sense of victory coursed through her veins, rejuvenating her, every part of her body relished the news, and soon a dark and sinister smile spread across her face. She heard the choruses of her praises and glory. She looked agile and soft, she was anything but soft, "No one was spared, right?" She asked in a humming tone as she basked in the victory.

"No one my Queen, Not even woman and children," The news bearer confirmed.

"Good," She rose from her seat and so did her councilmen.

"Where is the boy?" Lamia asked.

"Dead," Victor replied curtly. Lamia displayed her fangs at his blatant disrespect. Victor hung his head low.

"And his body?" She questioned as she took a very purposeful step in his direction.

"Burning with others, My Queen," Victor replied not daring to look into her eyes. It was disrespectful of any low rank to look into the eyes of high born, especially a royalty.

"Are you sure about that?" Lamia asked him with narrow eyes, trying to contemplate whether he is lying or not.

"Yes, My Queen. I have pledged my loyalty towards you. I wouldn't dream of lying," Victor slowly looked into her eyes and answered. They both stared at each other, and after a few moments, Lamia gave him a sickeningly sweet smile and patted his shoulder as she walked back to her throne.

"Of course, I never doubted your loyalty, Victor," Lamia chirped resulting in snickering amongst her councilmen. She loved mocking hid race. She looked at the traitor one more time and stood from her throne, chants of her glory and victory rang echoed in the Great hall. It was a celebration on this side of the kingdom and she would let them celebrate. She raised her hand to silence them. Her sharp eyes swept across the room, and started addressing the audience,

"Tonight, We celebrate! We celebrate our victory. We celebrate the annihilation of Lycans! Let it be known that We, Nightcrawlers are the new rulers of Ajbo," She finished her speech and descended the steps. She revelled in the hollering of her councilmen.

She could hear the cries of joys of her soldiers. She had eliminated every potential threat which would come in between the throne and her title.

Effectively falsified the prophecy as there are no living Lycans on the face of Ajbo. She now is the Queen of the land for the rest of eternity. Victory and satisfaction never tasted so sweet. It was sweeter than the blood of a mortal infant. Her thirst for the throne was far more potent than her bloodlust. Soon, she would rule the mortal world as well.

Those wretched Gods would kneel before her. Especially Helios. He was too imperious, and she would love to see him bowing in front of her when his pride will be under her feet. She had found the source to resurrect her lost army, and now there was no one to stop her from bringing the apocalypse of the mortal world all will fall at her feet.