27. A Mortal Queen

"He said what?"

"That he wants me to choose him because I want to, not because I have to!" April mumbled as she paced back and forth in her room and Talia and Ariel listened to her rant for hours. April needed Monica in this situation. She didn't know what to make of Gabriel's words as she was not sure if they were on the same page till yesterday she was sure she just attracted to him, but his words had silently repaired the broken chords of her heart, and now they were slowly humming his name.

"Why am I not freaking out?" April exclaimed. She wanted to know why she was accepting everything so easily, why she was not running down the hill when she realised that she is mated with an Alpha.

"Sit down!" Ariel ordered April and motioned her to sit on the bed.

"What?" Talia asked Ariel as she was completely baffled by Ariel's authoritative tone.

April halted in pace as she looked at Ariel with furrowed eyebrows.

"I am going to have a headache to see you walk so fast. You need to calm down," Ariel said with a smile on her face. April understood her concern and nodded slowly as she sat down where Ariel had asked her too.

Ariel walked up to her and placed her hand on April's heart and said, "Deep down, April, you knew, you knew that you don't belong to that world, you knew that someone was waiting for you, that you are already destined to be something big, and that is why you, my dear, are not freaking out."

April nodded her head softly and closed her eyes to will herself to not to panic because of the situation. She heard knock on the door and she opened her eyes.

A timid looking girl entered the room and she had a scroll in her hand.

"This is for you, Milady," The girl curtsied and handed the parchment to Ariel. Ariel was about to open the scroll, but the girl interrupted her.

"Forgive me for intervening, but Alpha wanted it to be read by My Lady, herself," The girl spoke as she looked down not meeting April's eyes. Ariel raised a questioning eyebrow in her direction as she passed the scroll to April.

"Thank you. What is your name?" April asked her with a soft smile on her face, but the girl's body stiffened at her question. She mumbled out some gibberish which could not be heard by April.

"I am a human, you know. I don't have advanced hearing like you people," April said as she laughed trying to ease the tension.

"Ivah, My Queen," The girl mumbled as she slowly looked at her, but still refused to maintain eye contact.

"Thank you, Ivah," April said with a smile as she could not understand why was she so scared of her. April placed the parchment on the side and continued to talk to Talia about her mate. She saw Ivah was looking at April as if she was expecting something.

"Yes?!" April turned herself to face Ivah not able to comprehend why she stood like a statue with her gaze fixated on her.

"Alpha expects me to bring an answer," Ivah murmured meekly.

"Well, your Alpha is a tyrant!" April exclaimed as she could not understand his highhandedness.

She rolled the scroll only to fume and trying to control herself from screaming at the poor girl.

Be ready when the sunsets. We will have dinner together, like a courtship, the ones you have in your world. Don't forget and Don't reject or I will personally collect you from your chamber. Don't be late! Understood, Little Girl?"

- Gabriel

April was scathing as she read the text inside the scroll! The gall of the man! How dare he! Did he not know you can't order for going out! He wanted an answer to this. Oh, she will give him an answer, alright!

April asked Ariel, with a sickeningly sweet smile on her face, to bring her a pen so she could write the answer. April scribbled something on the paper and folded it nicely and handed it to Ivah.

"Give this to your Alpha and watch his reaction closely and you, come and tell it to me, okay?" April instructed softly with a devious grin on her face. Oh, she would love to see his reaction on her reply.

Ivah nodded hastily and scurried out of the room.

"What was it?" Talia asked as she tilted her head to know to which April rubbed her palms together to control her excitement to know his reaction on his face.

"Oh, you will know soon!" April said with a mischievous glint in her eyes as she settled down to read the book Ariel had given to her.

April mentally scoffed reading his message.

"To hells, I will meet him. Foolish man," She thought mentally

Gabriel stood in the chamber of the armoury with his Beta and his General discussing patrolling of the borders now that leeches knew about their existence. He heard a soft knock on the door and they ceased the discussion.

He saw Ivah carrying the parchment which he had sent to April informing her about their meeting. Her faint scent lingering on the parchment meant that she had read what was written inside. He can only imagine her facial expression.

Ivah curtsied in front of her King and handed the parchment to him.

"For you, My King," She blinked as she could feel the power her king radiated through him.

Gabriel opened the scroll and started reading the reply of his mate. He saw his message was cancelled and she had written something just below it.

"Yes Alpha, Understood, but this very concerned mortal would want you to do something,

You should go and fuck yourself!"

- Yours,
April

Gabriel let out a roar of full-throated laughter. He thought she would scream at him, hit him in exasperation, but never in his dream did he think she would smart mouth him and nothing had made him laugh, unlike these few words from his mate.

His Mortal Queen!

He dismissed everyone with a flick of his wrist as he continued to laugh and everyone inside the chamber looked at him as if he had lost his senses.

Little Girl, that wasn't very nice of you, was it?

Guards at door looked at his Alpha bewilderingly as their Alpha walked out of the door humming a tune.

Humming a tune!

Author's note:-

Don't we just love April's attitude? What would you do if you were in her situation?

What do you think about this date part? What is going to happen? Did you like the addition of date in it?

Let me know in a comment below

Please do vote, share and comment.

Love,

Kshama Hasmukh Doshi