4. The Gypsy (Not Edited)

April was roaming mindlessly on the streets of Red Willow Creek. She was stopped by various sellers who wanted to sell meat or bone bracelet. She just avoided talking to everyone and continued her search. Her eyes narrowed on insignia which was engraved on the entrance of the shop. She had seen it somewhere, but she at the moment could not recall. Out of curiosity she stepped inside the shop and looked around.

The dark blue colour on the wall with the glow of faint blue light to add the mystic effect, mystical music playing in the background, curtains of beads and rhinestone everywhere. The wall had different hangings, spiritual, celestial bodies used as the showpiece and decoration. A weird-looking acoustic hung from the wall. There were comfortable looking couches which were beige and a slight lingering scent of incense. The ambience was intriguing. Many books were in a glass display, and some of them were off science as well; April raised her eyebrows at that. It was different.

April saw a lady approaching her, whom she assumed to be the owner of the shop. The lady looked beautiful, with floor-length white and pink gown, she had adorned many necklaces around her neck and bracelets on both of her wrists.

She had worn rings on all of her fingers. The woman must be around her mum's age. She was scrutinising April with her cat-like eyes. A smile broke out on lady's face as she neared April, and she extended her hand for a handshake, April gingerly forwarded her hand towards the outstretched hand to shake it.

The moment April placed her hand in the hand of the lady, The woman pulled April towards her with force, and she had a tight hold on April's hand. She brushed away a few strands of the hair which were falling on April's forehead. April was scared now and wanted to run away, but her grip unrelenting.

"You, my child, are a curious one, aren't you?" The lady questioned with a cryptic look on her face and eyes of the fortune teller shone with hidden knowledge which only she knew and.

"N..no I was just passing by. I was leaving. Have a good day," April stammered as she tried to make a hasty retreat. "You seek the answers, and you search for love," The fortune-teller continued which resulted in April to scoff inwardly, "Sure!" These must be some of her business punchlines to lure the customers.

"I was looking for something else, and I came inside this shop. It was a mistake. I am just going to go," April explained through her clenched teeth.

April didn't like this lady a bit and wanted to go away from her. She pushed herself away from the fortune teller and freed herself. She turned her back and started walking out.

"Nothing is a coincidence or mistake in Red Willow The one whom you seek, my child is not going to be found," The Fortuneteller whispered. April froze in her way, and she slowly turned around to looked at the woman incredulously.

"What do you mean?" April asked her cautiously as she narrowed her eyes at the lady.

"I have answers to the questions you seek," The Fortuneteller murmured as she glanced sideways to make sure that no one was listening to her. April was ecstatic. The fortune-teller knew about her brother. "Do you know him ? Have you seen him ? Do you have any idea where he must have gone?" April questioned the fortune teller frantically.

"Calm down, child. I don't know whom you are searching, but I can show you the way to search for them. To help find answers of mysteries you seek Follow me," The woman in pink garb murmured, and walked inside the cabin.

April had never felt so hopeless in her life. She was the girl who always believed rationally and pragmatically of thinking. She could not believe that she would stoop down to this level. April entered the lady's fortune reading room. There was a table in the centre with a red tablecloth on it. There were a few boxes which were on the table. Few unlit candles and one glass ball.