Chapter 3

(Third Person P.O.V.)

"We've fallen apart. I have a feeling that a war is about to start, so if you're listening please come home" she said. He heard the message. He just didn't want to call her back. It would just be too painful, but she sounded like she was in trouble.

"I can't avoid her forever" Bruce muttered to himself. He knew that Will was bound to call him someday.

He paced the room for several hours pondering whether or not to call her.

"Screw it" he said picking up his phone and calling Will. His heart pounded. He knew that he'd hurt her and the whole team by disappearing the way he did. He wasn't exactly sure how they'd react. He hoped that she wouldn't pick up, but she did.

"Hello".

"Will, it's Bruce" he replied.

"Where the hell have you been" she demanded. She didn't sound angry, but Bruce knew that she was excellent at hiding her emotions.

"Look, I can't tell you, but I can be in New York by tomorrow. Meet me in Central Park".

"Fine, the team and I will meet you in the park".

"No, I want you to come alone. Natasha will kill me if she knew that I've been hiding from you guys".

"Bruce, Nat isn't going to kill you; we all want you to come back".

"Just come alone; it will be easier for everyone" Bruce hung up.

(Will's P.O.V.)

It was three in the morning. I had just gotten off the phone with Bruce. He was alive, and he sounded healthy. He wanted to meet me in person. I just didn't get why he didn't want to see the whole team.

"Hey, Will, are you okay. I heard you moving around" James said, entering my room. He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep" I lied. I was never okay, but every knew that already, so he didn't bother to comment.

"Okay" James left, closing the door behind him. I tried to get back to sleep, but my mind kept me awake. In reality, I never slept unless I was heavily drugged. It was normal for me, but I knew it wasn't healthy.

The next morning, I got up and walked to Central Park. I avoided everyone so I could get out without being questioned or followed. I managed to slip out of the tower unnoticed. It took me a few minutes to get to the park, long that it would have without an injured leg, but I still got there in time.

I found Bruce sitting on a bench in a group of trees. He'd known to meet in an area that people tended to avoid.

"You grew up" he commented, getting up off the bench.

"You stayed the same, pretty much" I stated, leaning on my crutch. He came over and hugged me, not yet commenting on my physical state.

"You also cut your hair".

"Nope, Doctor Doom did that, I didn't expect you to know that though".

"What happened to you this time" he gestured to my crutch.

"What happened to me. I want to know what happened to you" I exclaimed.

"I asked first".

"Too much happened" I huffed "it would take too long to explain".

"I've got time. Let's start with your leg-what'd you do".

"I didn't do anything. Hydra kidnapped me and my brother-I have a brother now by the way-and then they drilled my bone marrow to try and kill me" I explained "I lost all feeling in my right leg".