Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

I don't talk the whole way to Justin's house for the after party. I honestly just can't. I'm afraid if I talk, I'll burst into tears again. But this time not sad tears, confused and frustrated tears. Does Harry not see what kind of impact he has on me? He ignores me one minute, and then acts like he wants me the next. I wonder if Liam is like that.

"Earth to Taylor." Selena snaps me back to reality, waving her perfectly manicured hand in front of my face.

"Uh yeah what?" I say, looking over at her. We're sitting in the back of a black escalade as Selena's driver takes us to the party. I have no idea how I'm getting home but I'm too confused to worry about that at the moment.

"What's wrong?" She asks, concerned.

"Nothing-" 

"Taylor I'm your best friend I know when something's wrong, spill it." She confronts me, cutting me off. 

I sigh in defeat. Honestly I don't know how to explain it even to myself.

Before I can reply, we pull up to Justin's house.

"I'll tell you later, promise." I say, getting out of the car when a bodyguard opens the door.

Once again, I'm bombarded with flashes and paparazzi screaming my name. Soon after they scream Selena's too when she gets out if the car, grabbing onto my arm.

We're escorted to the front of Justin's house. I can hear the pumping music from inside, outside. 

I sigh, knowing this will be a long night. I don't really do parties, but this one, I'm somewhat excited for. 

I look down at my phone screen, it reads 11:40. 20 minutes. 20 minutes till I meet Harry by the pool. What is he going to say? 

My thoughts are yet again interrupted when we walk into Justin's humongous house. 

"We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus is blaring and I see tons if familiar faces. Mostly celebrities, no managers or anything. It reeks of alcohol and smoke. People are dancing and grinding. I cringe at the sight of it. Definitely not my thing. 

"Hey Selena I'm going to-" I look over and see Selena's not even there anymore. Great. Justin probably pulled her up to his room. I warned her about him. 

Well now I'm all alone with drunk people.  And Harry's nowhere to be found. This just keeps getting better, doesn't it? 

I get up and decide to find the bathroom. I need to get away from this horrible smell before I puke.

I bump into various people and make small talk, still trying to get through the crowd before I realize, Oh wait! I have to meet Harry. Shit. I look down at my phone screen 11:58.

I weave through the rest of the crowd somewhat unnoticed and I finally find the patio with the pool.

Very few people are out here. But I don't see Harry. 

I sit down on one of the beach chairs, waiting for Harry as more and more butterflies join my stomach.

I look down at my screen again 12:02 . Hmmm he's late. I'm actually surprised. If this "talk" really meant that much to him, he'd be here. Maybe he's not even at the party. 

Tears brim at my eyes as I think of the endless possibilities of what Harry could be doing right now. Probably not thinking about me for sure.

I look down at my phone again 12:14 ... Where is he? Should I call him? No that's a bad idea. 

I'll just keep waiting. I decide to tweet my fans a sincere thank you for all the awards. I smile, seeing all the nice comments I'm getting back from fans. There's a lot of hate in my mentions, but my fans comments make me forget all the mean ones. They truly are the best, they make me so happy.

Times sort of passed and a few drunk people have stumbled by me, but still not Harry.

I look down at my phone again. Wow. 12:45. What was Harry trying to do? Fuck with my emotions? I let out an exasperated sigh, and decide to go find the bathroom. I need to pee anyways, and it's too cold out here. 

I walk up a flight of stairs that probably leads to a bathroom somewhere, when something I see in the corner of my eye makes me stop. I look over and see what I never thought I'd ever see, at least tonight, it breaks my heart into a million pieces. Oh my God.