Chapter 5

Chapter 5: (listen to EHC remix during this chapter)

I glance over to my right, and to my surprise I see Liam, Harry, and Niall waiting backstage pretty close to us. Louis and Zayn must be with their girlfriends.

"GO TAYLOR AND ED!" Niall screams, fist pumping in the air, causing death glares from all the tech people. I stifle a laugh, glancing over at Harry who is laughing too. His laugh was adorab- I interrupt my own thoughts, tearing my eyes away from him and I look over at Liam. He's already looking at me and we lock eyes. I blush a little, and he gives me a thumbs up with a smile that could end world hunger. What. the. Heck. Shut. Up. Taylor.

I laugh to myself, realizing I'm having an internal battle with myself.

"You're so giggly all the sudden." Ed raises his eyebrows at me. I don't answer cause the stage starts rising up and we're being introduced. I feel my nerves rack up inside of me. I'm more nervous than usual, probably cause I'm performing in front of him. I mentally roll my eyes at my mention of Harry. Of course I let the thought of him ruin every moment.

"Introducing Taylor Swift singing Everything Has Changed the Remix featuring Ed Sheeran!"

The stage starts moving, and we rise up, from under the stage. I'm taken aback by how many people are here, and the lights are so bright.

I start strumming and I focus on Ed, and he focuses on me, like we usually do when we preform this song.

I start singing "All I knew, this morning when I woke, is I know something now, know something now I didn't before." I gain confidence as I progress singing. So far I'm pretty proud of myself for making it through the first verse without breaking down in tears. I hope Harry sees this.

My adrenaline starts pumping as the drum starts playing along with me "I just wanna know you better know you better know you better now ..." I love the remix version we put out of this song, it's so ... suspenseful.

By the time we get to singing the chorus, I sing my heart out, pouring out every emotion into it.

I smile as Ed sings the next verse. This. Feels. Amazing. People, even other celebrities, are clapping along to the song. No matter how many times I preform, I'll always be amazed that people support me this much.

"Meet me there tonight and let me know that it's not all in my mind...." I sing out with Ed in the harmony.

And then all goes quiet and I'm the only one singing with no instruments "I just wanna know you better know you better now..." I repeat the chorus, with only my vocals and it just feels so powerful. I see why I love this job so much. I can prove all those haters I have what it takes when I'm on the stage. I'm pretty sure I'm killing the performance right now. I hope Liam thinks so too. I smile at myself, well more at my stupidity, as we sing the last refrain.

Soon enough the song is over, and I can't stop smiling. Wow. People are cheering, a lot. Even standing up for us! I lean in and hug Ed, he whispers in my ear before I pull away,

"I'm pretty sure you will most definitely have milkshakes with Liam." He smirks as I pull away, looking at him surprised. How did he know? Ed knew exactly why I was all giggly and smiley backstage! So much for being mysterious. I blush, slightly embarrassed and I give him a playful swat, waving at the crowd before the curtain falls down in front of us. Ed probably thinks in crushing on Liam. Am I? I push the thought from my head because we're bombarded by people. Press cameras, publicists, and even some celebrities congratulating us. I smile and wave, thanking all the people before walking to the sound booth backstage, getting my mic taken off of me. I bump in to a tall person, and to my dismay I look up and see emerald eyes staring down at me. Harry. He's getting his mic plugged in and working along with Niall, Zayn and Louis since they're going on stage in a few. I wonder where Liam is.

"Sorry." I mumble, trying to walk away, but he grabs my arm by surprise. I jump at the sudden contact. What the hell could he want from me?

"Hey Taylor, good job out there." He smiles. Aw.

"Thanks. Good luck." I say awkwardly, faking a smile. His face suddenly turns cold and dark, as I feel someone's strong arms wrap around me from behind, hugging me. I didn't even have to look back to see who it was, I already knew. Liam.