1. HOME SWEET HOME

CHAPTER ONE:

↳ HOME SWEET HOME

      THE AIRPORT WAS LOUD AND BUSY, not usual for the small town of Rosewood but Hanna Marin managed to find the blonde she was looking for— whom was barrelling at her at a fast speed. 

"Hanna-bananna!" She squealed, hugging her sister tightly, dropping the suitcase to the ground. Hanna rolled her eyes at her older sisters antics.

Grace Marin had found her sister, Hanna sitting besides the baggage claim, phone in hand, waiting to pick up her elder sister.

"Grace," she groaned. "You're supposed to be 22, and I'm 16! Please stop with the nicknames."

Grace pushed away from her younger sister to stare down at her menacingly. "I can call you whatever I like," she told her. She was slightly miffed on how drastically Hanna had changed, she wished Hanna could be the girl she used to be.

She knew it was because of Ali, Grace knew that the impact of her best friends death took toll on the teenage girl.

"Let's get going," she mummered after pulling away from Hanna. "So, how's mom?"

A smile light up Hanna's features, "mom misses you." She rolled her eyes again. "She always complains about how you never call her back!"

Grace snorted, "me? Never!" I told her sarcastically and she grinned.

Hanna tucked Grace's arm, and she followed her, luggage in tow to the car. After settling into the car, Grace drilled her sister for details on her high school life and if she had any boyfriends.

"Grace," she groaned. "Not this talk!"

"Yes this talk!"

For the rest of the car ride, Grace was engrossed with her sisters tales of high school and her close encounters with the police.

"Han, learn from my mistakes. Don't get into trouble, it hurts your family but more importantly yourself... How'd you expect to get into a good college or get a job with jail time?" Grace ranted to Hanna, hoping that her sister realised that shoplifting and wrecking her ex's car was not something to be proud of.

Hanna nodded solemnly. She understood.

"We're here!" She announced brightly, shifting the car into park. Grace looked outside the car window to see her old home. Nothing had changed, except the colours of nature surrounding them. When she had left, everything was dead in winter, now it was bright and colourful, her favourite time of year.

The front door of the house opened and Graces smiled as her mother rushed out towards her daughters. Ashley Marin hugged her, wrapping her arms around her as if she never wanted to let her go.

"Hello mother," Grace hugged her tightly, as her mom sniffled into her shoulder.

"Next time, call us more often."

•••

      IT WAS NINE O'CLOCK, AND HANNA HAD LEFT the eldest daughter to talk with her mother. Ashley rested back onto the counter while Grace say on top of the counter, a glass of wine in hand. 

"Does he know you're in town?" Her mother asked her. 

"No," Grace told her glumly. "I hoped he had given up on me."

"You know that isn't the case, Grace." She told her daughter softly.

Grace stared vacantly outside the window before downing her wine in one gulp.

"Go over and talk with him." Ashley instructed her daughter. "Make him see why you had to leave—"

"Mom! You know I can't do that, and even you don't know the whole story!" Grace jumped off the counter, grabbing the bottle of wine out from her mothers grasp before pouring herself some more.

Ashley frowned at her daughters antics, as she monitored Grace's alcohol intake throughout the night.

"Mom, relax. I'm not relapsing, alcohol was never the issue for me—"

"It leads back to where you were though, Grace. Be careful."

Grace rolled her eyes, "I'll be fine. I'm just not sure how I like being back here, it brings back some bad memories."

"Bad memories sure, but don't ignore the one person who gave you a reason to be happy."

•••

GRACE KNOCKED ON THE DOOR, biting her lip nervously. After her talk with her mother, Grace found herself on the doorstep of the only man she ever loved.

The door opened, and before her stood someone she used to know. The blond man standing before her, stared at her as if he had just seen a ghost.

"Hi," she began lightly.

She closed her eyes, as the door was immediately shut in her face.

It was good to be back home in Rosewood.

She knocked again, resting her head against the wooden door.

"Jason, please. I only came to talk."

The door flew open and she blinked at the figure hidden in the darkness. He stepped out onto the porch, slamming the door shut behind her, a frown sketched onto his forehead, his blonde hair tickling his forehead.

"Let's take a walk then, fiancee."