12. PICTURE PERFECT

CHAPTER TWELVE:

PICTURE PERFECT

       GRACE MARIN GROANED LOUDLY, COVERING HER HEAD with her white silk pillow. The noises from outside of her house were annoying her and she couldn't get her precious sleep! Damn Jason and his yard work. 

"Ugh," Grace sighed, finally sitting up. Maybe it was time for her to get up. She checked her phone, noting that it was 10 o'clock in the morning. She had slept in by accident. She didn't know how, but after Jessica went back to her normal life away from Rosewood, Grace technically moved in. She didn't move her furniture or anything big, but she did now have half of the closet space and a toothbrush in Jason's bathroom. Hey, they were dating for 4 years before, just because they had a length hiatus didn't mean they still couldn't be in love. 

Grace looked out of the window, seeing Jason with his shirt off, talking with the yard workers who helped him renovate. Maybe she should get ready too and help out.

"Hey handsome," Grace called out to Jason who was now wearing a shirt. Grace carried a pitcher of water and glasses for the workers. "Brought some water for everyone."

"Thanks, love." Jason smiled, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She passed out the waters to the workers who did a good job so far. Jason was really transforming the backyard into something new. 

"Hey!" Jason suddenly shouted at one of the workers in the distance. Grace furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at what was happening. She peeked around the workers beside her who were grabbing their waters to see Jason run up to a worker who was trying to get into the shed. She saw Jason shake his head at the worker and lock up the shed securely. She noticed how he left the key above the door, as if that would've been secretive enough. 

She shook her head slightly at Jason's lack of tack. He made it seem like there was something valuable enough to steal. Not like she had anything against the workers, she just knew that the way Jason approached the situation made it seem like a multimillion dollar car was locked up inside. 

Grace decided it was time for her to go back inside and leave the men to work. 

• • •

"God damn it!" Jason yelled out in frustration, slamming the door behind him.

"Hey, hey, hey," Grace rushed over, placing her hands onto her fiancee's shoulders to calm him down. "What's going on?" 

"Remember how earlier someone broke into our shed?" 

"Yes?"

"Spencer and Emily were the culprits." 

"What, why?" Grace was confused for a moment, why would those two be snooping around Jason's shed?"