6. TRUTH BE TOLD . . .

I spun around and stared at my mother who stood in the doorway with a purse hanging from her shoulder. She was dressed up in a flattering black outfit for work and an empty cup of coffee in her hand.

"Tell me what, Grace?"

"Mom. . ." I bit my lip and turned to Jason wordlessly. I didn't know what to say. It was ironic how I was willing to tell her less than five seconds ago yet I wasn't sure how to tell her.

Jason nodded at me encouragingly, standing up from his spot at the counter to join me.

I sighed, running my hand across my face and I froze as I heard my mom gasp in shock.

I had the ring on my left ring finger. Last night with Jason brought me to display it publicly and he was happy about that.

"When did this happen?" My mom asked breathlessly and I was surprised with the happiness that seemed to pour out of her.

"That's the thing, mom." I began and nervously grasped Jason's hand. "Please don't be mad . . ."

"Mad about what?" Her tone turned sharp and her gaze moved between the two of us. "Please don't tell me you're already married."

"NO!" I yelped out and grabbed onto my mothers arm. I held her and smiled weakly. "Um, Jason asked me a couple years ago. . ."

"WHAT?!" She yelled out loudly, her eyes wide with shock.

"Yeah . . ."

We sat at the kitchen table and my mom smiled widely. It took awhile for her to process what I had said and Jason took over to explain what happened throughout the past couple years.

"That means you won't be leaving then, right Grace?" My mom asked, ignoring her phone that lit up from a notification (probably from work).

I groaned and dropped my head to my hands. "Yes, mother. You get to see me way more now."

"Good!" She told us brightly. I rolled my eyes but knew inside it was the right thing to do because I got to stay home now.

Well, hopefully it'll be peaceful.

"Go to work, mom." I ordered and stood up. She pouted like a teenage girl would do when she was disobedient. I sighed, "we'll talk wedding plans later."

"I got to get going, babe." Jason mumbled and I dropped my head onto his shoulder. "Have to go prep for the fashion show."

"Okay, I'll meet you there?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course," Jason smirked at me and winked. "Maybe we can be alone backstage. . ."

I hit Jason hard and glared at him as I heard a laugh from behind us. I groaned and covered my eyes.

". . . my mother is still here, Jason."

_________________________

I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED THE WRONG CHAPTER. WHOOPS !
please fav and comment ily