2. HELLISH REUNION

CHAPTER TWO:

↳ HELLISH REUNION

     IT WAS DEADLY QUIET AS GRACE walked alongside Jason, passing the Hastings house to enter the woods. The pair walked until Jason stopped suddenly, in the middle of an enclosed space. In it sat an old tire swing and a bench.

Grace's throat tightened as he sat down on the bench and she stood beside it, letting her hand trail against the old wood lightly. 

This was their spot.

It was like the Kissing Rock, but only for them. 

Grace sighed, sitting down on the other side of the bench, feeling as if miles were separating her from Jason. For years there were miles between them as Grace left him, but even sitting beside him, Grace felt like a stranger, as if everything had changed.

"Everything has changed," Jason started and Grace's eyes widened as if he knew what she was thinking. "Ali is dead and Ian is dead too."

"I'm sorry, Jason." Grace whispered, turning to face him. The young blonde grasped his hand gently and he pulled away from her, his face expressionless.

"You weren't here for me," Jason snapped and Grace flinched. 

"I didn't know how to be there for you." Grace told him honestly. It was true, after all we had been through, Jason went through a worse hell than she had imagined. How could she have stopped him.

"You weren't there for me, you left me." Jason sneered, staring at Grace, hurt. 

"What was I supposed to do, you went deep with drugs and I couldn't deal with it–" Grace Marin snapped back. "I was at UPenn, Jason, not across the world!"

"It sure felt like it, you never tried contacting me." Jason muttered, and he began to play with his fingers, an old habit that she remembered he had picked up. 

"I couldn't!" Grace snapped at Jason, her breath getting heavier as she got angrier. "I couldn't talk to you after everything that happened that night!" The young woman stood up, looking down upon him.

"Hell, Grace, I don't even remember what happened that night!" Jason yelled at her, standing up and getting in her face.

"You can't remember, of course!" Grace replied sarcastically. Had he not changed from the party boy from four years ago?  "You have no idea the hell I've been through because of you." She hissed out, pressing her palms against his chest to push him away. 

"Then tell me, Grace," Jason shouted grabbing her hands with his. "Tell me," he replied softly, pulling Grace towards him. 

Grace shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. "They'll kill me," Grace whispered out. "They'll know and kill me for it." 

"Who, Grace?" 

"Everyone," Grace mumbled. "We can't trust anyone." She burst into tears, knowing that after this long without crying, Jason was the only one who could see her break like this. 

He was the only one she could trust. His arms immediately wrapped around her and Grace sobbed into his chest, letting her arms wrap around him.

"It's not over Jason, it never was."

º   º   º