One

One

Maroon 5’s “She Will Be Loved” escalated across the room, as Violet rotated the steering wheel into the gates of “Bieber Communications”. She looked at the watch in the car it was 9am, she looked at the mirror checking her reflection. Violet saw a girl with brown curly hair, brown eyes with an average looking body staring at her. She smiled and grabbed her bag.

Once she exited her car, she saw a massive building that was about 12 floors high planted in the middle of the car park with lots of random bushes near the sides. Bieber Communications is owned by the famous business man Justin Bieber. She was here to start her new job as his assistant.

Justin Bieber has been criticized as being an arrogant business man who always gets what he wants. But that’s what you have to be like to be financial super star??

*FLASHBACK*

It all started on the eve of our prom in 2005. Violet looked into the reflection, there she stood in a blue floral dress that went up to the floor. Her hair was perfectly styled to the side with curls and flowers cascading around her shoulders.

She twirled around before she heard a faint cry from her mother

“Violet, you’re date is here!”

Violet gathered her bag, and made her way downstairs to see her date. There stood her date… wait Aidan Hutcherson

Wait! I thought I was going with Taylor Lautner the hottest guy in our school

“Hey Aidan” Violet responded trying to be rude as a frown appeared upon her face

“Vi, I’m so sorry…. Okay Taylor the little cock decided to go with Hannah Backington. As I was going I saw him in his limo with her. I instantly thought of you. So, I cancelled my date… and I’m taking you to prom. So what do you say?” He asked

“Aidan, aw! You’re the bestest friend in the whole world. Thank you for thinking of me.. But I don’t want you to cancel your date. You’ve been working so hard to get her to go with you” She explained He is so cute… wait! What! He’s my best friend I shouldn’t say that ever!

“Vi, Don’t worry I’ve got all I want right here with you” He responded. Violet giggled looked at Aidan his perfectly shaped body. His light brown hair glimmered in the lights. His eyes sparkled with every look he gave her. WAIT! WHAT… Why does this keep rolling around my head… I can’t… He doesn’t like me in that way… I’m nothing compared to him…

Violet realised that her mother was standing in between them

“Vi, let me get a picture of you and Aidan!”

Violet and Aidan went close together; Aidan slowly put his arm around Violet’s waist comfortably sitting with a big grin on his face, right in time for the flash.

Aidan took Violet’s hand and escorted her to the door of her house.

“Bye Violet. Bye Aidan. Drive safe and have fun!” shouted Violet’s Mother

“Thanks mum” Violet replied

“Thanks Mrs Carter” Aidan responded

Hand in hand together they went to Aidan’s car in front of Violet’s house.

Still hand in hand together, they walked to the Toronto High School Hall where the prom was held.

“Aidan, you really are a good friend… I can’t believe you asked me to go with you”

“Well, I didn’t want to see my best friend upset!” He explained. Aidan and Violet finally entered the hall.

The hall was decorated with stars daggling from the ceiling. There were diamond lights, tables and seats everywhere across the hall. The centre stage held a massive array of musical instruments glimmering as lights showed upon them. Stereo speakers across the room played the latest’s and greatest tunes of our time.

Aidan and Violet soon became engrossed with an array of people. Ryan Butler, Aidan and Violet best friend was one of them, with his date Amanda Harding.

“Vi, would you like a drink?” Aidan asked

“Yes, please” Violet replied

Aidan and Ryan walked away, leaving Violet and Amanda by themselves. Amanda and Violet have been best friends since they were 9 and have always shared the most comforting talks with each other.

“Vi, Oh My God, you look beautiful! You’re with Aidan. Hey I thought you were going with Taylor?”

“Mandy, he dumped me to go with Hannah”

“Oh my gosh! That little---“

“Don’t bother. He’s not worth it”

“Ohhh! Someone’s in a good mood now that Aidan asked her out”

“I’m not! I’m just happy I’m here regardless of the date”

“Vi, you do realise he likes likes you”

“Does he?”

“Haven’t you noticed”

“No” Violet said

Violet then thought for a minute no guy would ever cancel their date for their best friend. No guy would ever do that… unless they liked you… She thought about the way he looked tonight, she couldn’t ask for a more better looking date, his attitude and drive is what brought them as best friends in the first place. She knew she liked him for years… but not like this… her heart felt heavy like it was about to explode unless she told him, how she felt…

“Ehhh! Vi, Vi, Earth to Vi”

“Sorry Yeah, Mandy I think I do too”

“What!”

“I like like Aidan. I’ve always thought he was good looking but now I see the more sensitive side to him”

“Well, now’s your chance to get all in his business” Violet and Amanda giggled

“What, you two giggling at” Aidan asked as he came back with the drinks

“Oh, nothing just how goofy Tom Edison looks with a suit” Aidan looked at him and gave a slight snort

“May, I escort the lady for her first dance?” Aidan asked