Chapter 16

"I don't eat Cassie, I can have usual drinks but food, it doesn't agree with me. I'm sorry I didn't say anything before but I thought that this would be a great place for us to talk and learn about each other." She said looking slightly embarrassed. 

I found myself losing my appetite as Kira spoke. Why hadn't I thought about that, I guess I was just so excited about actually being able to spend more time with her, it just never crossed my mind. Not to mention I have never been around a vampire or even thought about them being real until I met Drako and Kira. After a few minutes, the waitress came back with my food and our drinks.

"Actually, can I have a box for this please." I said looking up at her. She smiled and nodded then walked away. 

"So, what do you want to know about me" I said to Kira as she took a long sip of her water. She looked at me for a minute and then spoke.

"I just want to know why everytime I look at you, or everytime i'm around you, I hear this voice in my head go completely crazy over you and at the same time i'm so attracted to you, and i don't know anything about you. It's strange to me cassie and I want to know why." She was looking at me with determination and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on, in her eyes. I tried to choose my words carefully as I began to speak.

"First, the voice in your head Kira, is your wolf, and your wolf is trying to tell you that I am your mate and that you need me to survive. Now that explains the attraction and the craziness , it will get easier as time goes on and we start to know eachother better and as you learn to control your wolf." I finished answering her questions as she watched me.

"What if I don't want this, any of it?" She asked me, her voice being nothing but serious. I pondered this question in my head a minute, with my wolf whimpering, afraid of being rejected. I answered her being completely honest.

"If you do not want to be with me or my pack you can choose to reject me, my wolf, and my pack. It would be a painful process for both yours and my wolves but if that's what you want, that is what has to be done. Now kira, I can not tell you what would happen to your wolf, if it would simply just go away or what. This has never happened in all of our history. So we are basically writing our own history with this." I looked at her feeling my wolfs emotions starting to peek through the surface, she was staring at me with slightly wide eyes, as she began to speak I held my breath bracing myself and my wolf for the rejection.

"Cassie, I assure you there won't be any rejection, I just needed to ask that question. I want to know everything about this wolf thing, and I also want to know everything about you. I was wondering if we could spend more time together so you can explain these things to me." As she said this, she grabbed my hand from across the table, and I felt the relief from my wolf and I shudder through my body.

"Of course we can, no matter what I will find time, I have some things to handle with the pack in the next couple of days but after that i'm all yours. I also have been thinking, it might be time to share with everyone that you are a hybrid and that you are my mate, would you be okay with that?"  I asked her.

" Can I have a day to process this first, and then we can do it together?"

"Absolutely, but I think we should start heading home, I need to discuss a few things with my best friend." I said looking at my watch and mentally preparing myself for my talk with Missy. She nodded her head yes. As we left the diner I held the door open for kira, and she gave me a side glance. 

I would kill to know what she was thinking right now, but only time would tell. I jogged to the passenger side of my car, and as I went to open the door for her, she grabbed me by the waist and turned me to face her with so much force I couldn't keep up with what was happening and almost fell forward but she held me in place. Then she did what I thought was not going to happen, at least not yet. She placed her lips on mine and kissed me gently. Her lips were softer than anything I have ever felt before, they tasted like strawberries. I could tell right then and there I was in love, every bone in my body shook as I placed my hand on her cheek to deepen the kiss. It lasted all of forty seconds, and by the look on Kira's face, she was feeling the same things I was.