Six

Alex sat in the lobby, sitting comfortably on a leather seat. He glanced over at the clock: 10:55 am. He had gone home quickly and showered, changing into a fresh pair of blue jeans and black sneakers, his white Modern Culture T-shirt, and a black jacket. He'd even managed to tie his red bandana around his neck, which he had forgotten to put on when first picking up Miku and Hiru from the hotel.

Finally, Miku entered the lobby. Alex looked her over. She had on a white summer dress with matching sandals, a blue sash around her waist and a small blue leather jacket of the same color that fell halfway down the side of her stomach, with a blue purse to match as well. She'd tied her hair back into a singular long ponytail. Alex hummed to himself as he took her appearance in. He stood up and they met in the middle.

"Cute." Alex commented with a smile. "Thank you." Miku said. She added quickly: "You look nice as well." "Aww thanks." Alex said, striking a magazine cover girl pose with one hand on his hip and another behind his head. Miku laughed a little, and the two exited the hotel. They got in Alex's car. Miku almost got in the driver's seat, forgetting that the wheel was at the opposite side in America. They sat down, Alex in the driver's seat and Miku in the passenger seat.

"Where are we gonna go eat?" Miku asked Alex. Alex merely shrugged. "I don't know. I'm kinda in the mood for a burger." Alex said. This suggestion struck Miku. "Ooh that sounds good." She said. "I know a place we can go then." Alex said, pulling out of the hotel parking lot and onto the road. Miku sat back comfortably as Alex drove. "Alright then." She said. Alex put on the radio as he drove.

Miku was looking out the window as Alex drove. A rap song came on, which Miku began to listen with vague curiosity. Alex turned it up a bit, humming along with the song. "What is this?" Miku asked. "Just a song that's up on the charts right now." Alex answered simply. "What's it called?" Miku asked, not looking at the radio. "Stressed Out. Twenty-One Pilots." Alex answered quickly. Miku made a face. "It sounds awful." "I have a couple of different stations to choose from. You can look for something you like." Alex offered.

Miku began flipping through Alex's preset radio stations as he continued driving towards a nearby plaza and shopping centre. A few pop, rock, and even country songs came on the speakers with each tap of the screen, but nothing was catching Miku's ear in a positive light. "They all sound weird. Is this what all American music sounds like?" "Some of it is a bit more mainstream than others. Like this one." Alex explained, stopping her from changing it. A lively pop song called Zero was playing. "It's not that bad." Miku said. "Yeah. This is a bit more regular." Alex parked car in front of a small restaurant.

They both got out of the car and walked into the restaurant. As they entered through the double doors, Miku inhaled through her nose, and started to feel a little hungrier. "This place smells really good." They got in line, and eventually placed their order. Miku, not knowing much about the place, allowed Alex to order for her. They got their drinks and sat across from each other at a booth. Miku looked around the restaurant a little more, taking in the small but pleasant and quaint setting.

"How're ya doin, Miku?" "Good. How are you?" "Good." They shared a brief smile. "How're you liking America so far?" Alex asked her. "It's interesting." Miku answered honestly. "In a good way or a bad way?" Alex asked next. "A little of both." Miku answered. "Fair enough." Miku nodded at this. "Yeah."

"This is a nice little restaurant." Miku said. "Not as the nice as the ones where I'm from, but still it's decent enough." She added. "It's a decent place. Food's great, the place just isn't exactly the most high end, you know? You're from Japan right?" Alex asked. Miku nodded. "What's it like there?" "It's nice. A lot like here, but cleaner. It smells different too. There's more trees." Miku described. "Sounds nice. I'll have to check it out someday." Alex said.