Nine

9 am.

For a change since she had arrived, Hatsune Miku had already gotten up AND fully dressed. Of course, this time around, she had a legitimate and compelling reason to do so. Dressed in water shorts and a light blue sweater over her top, she came down to the lobby of her hotel with a bag over her shoulder. There she found Alex waiting for her, wearing water shorts of his own and a sleeveless white shirt. He smiled at her and stood up. She smiled back.

"Morning Alex." She greeted him. "Morning Miku." He said. They turned and walked side by side out of the hotel. "Have you eaten yet?" "Nah, I didn't feel like it yet. I'll eat later." "Perfect, cause I bought some breakfast on the way." They approached his car, and got in, Miku in the passenger seat. They buckled up and Alex pulled out of the parking lot. "What'd you get?" Miku asked him. "Just some egg and cheese sandwiches, hash browns and soda." "Ah okay. Sounds good." "Mhmm. Since we've got another free day, we're headed up to Denver. It's about an hour away, so get comfy."

"Denver? What's in Denver?" Miku asked, looking at him. "Oh tons of stuff. Shopping centers, aquarium, the Broncos football stadium. We're headed up to an amusement park called Elitch's." "Oh wow!" Miku exclaimed, bringing a chuckle out of Alex. "What's that for?" He asked. "That's a lot of stuff." "It's a big city. Elitch's is the biggest thing we're gonna hit, but depending on the time we have, we may be able to hit some other stuff too." Alex said, pulling onto the highway. Miku sat back. "I'm excited to see a bit more of this place." "I think you'll like what you see." Alex said with a smile. Miku chuckled a bit and glanced at him. "So far, so good." She responded.

***

An hour passed, and finally Alex's car entered the city. Miku looked around, excited like an awestruck tourist, which she technically was. "Ooh it's pretty." She said. "Mhmm. Last time I was up here was a concert a little under a year ago." Alex said. He made a turn towards the Sports Authority Stadium, and there was Elitch's amusement park right next to it. "Is that it?" Miku asked, pointing to it. "Yep." "Wow. How big is this place? Are you sure we'll have enough time for all of it?" Miku asked. "Haha. I don't how big it is, but we'll be able to go through all of it and do the fun rides." "I hope so. It's been a while since I've been on rides like these." Miku said. "Same." Alex said with a nod as he parked the car.

Miku wore a big grin as the two walked into Elitch's, sunglasses over their eyes and bags on their shoulders. Alex looked at her and laughed a bit. "Haha you look excited." "I am really excited." Miku said with a giddy chuckle. Alex opened up the map of the park, and held it open for her. here's a map. Take a look and see what you wanna do first." Miku took the map and glanced over it, studying all the rides. "Hmm. It might be a bit too early for water rides at the moment. Can we go on a rollercoaster?" "You've got first pick." Alex answered.

"How about that one?" Miku asked, pointing to a ride called the Slingshot, which looked like a ball attached by strings to two towers. "You got money?" Alex asked her. "I do." "Great! Then you can pay!" Alex said jokingly. "Such a gentleman." Miku fired back, laughing. Alex laughed out loud. "I'm just kidding. You can pay for yours, I'll pay for mine." Alex said. "Better." Miku said with a nod of agreement. They laughed again. "Let's head over there then." Alex said, and they began the walk.

As Alex and Miku took their place in the line, she looked up at the Slingshot and felt a tinge of reconsideration. The ride was tall, and intimidating too. "It's not as intimidating on the map." She commented to Alex. "What exactly were you expecting?" Alex asked with a raised eyebrow and a little grin. "Not this. I mean, I'm not scared or anything, just...observing." Miku said. Right." Alex said with a hint of sarcasm.

The two people in the ride at that moment were launched up suddenly, making Miku cringe. She didn't look up to watch it. Alex did, and whistled in reaction to it. "Wow." He said. "Y'know, maybe this ride wasn't a good idea." Miku suggested. "Sorry what was that?" "Just nervous." Miku said. "Gonna chicken out?" "No." Miku answered, glancing sideways at Alex. "I'm not going to chicken out." Miku said. "You suuuure?" "Yeah." She answered again, setting her jaw out stubbornly. Alex raised his eyebrows and matched Miku's sideways glance with one of his own. "Not backing down?" "You heard me." Alex simply laughed some more.