Eight

Alex and Miku entered the recording studio that Kathy had rented out for them. They looked around it, taking in the big space, the two padded booths for recording, and the sound engineering equipment in the next room. "This looks really nice." Miku commented, nodding. Alex whistled and laughed a bit. "Nice work, Kathy." He said aloud. He added: "And everything is actually set up this time. Top notch stuff. Guess we just gotta wait for the sound engineer to show up."

A woman with long and dark hair entered the sound engineering room. Alex and Miku looked over at her. She quickly set up, then waves at them through the glass with a smile, giving them a thumbs up. "That must be her. This should go well." Miku said. Alex and Miku took their places in the booths, putting on their headphones and turning on their microphones. "This isn't too different from my studio back in Japan." Miku said. Alex nodded.

"Hey guys. My name is Molly. I'm filling in for the head sound engineer here. I'm training with him. I'll handle everything on this end. Also, huge fan of you Prince Alex." Molly said into a mic that transmitted to their headphones, a little shy but also very excited. Alex smiled at her. "We're gonna run through this one track a few times to get all of our layers. Make sure to transmit everything to my laptop. And thank you, Molly." He gave her a thumbs up, and she grinned. The red recording lights went on inside their booths, and the instrumental started.

--------------------------------------------------------
(Miku)
City to city. When the people flock. I wanna give them a good show, even though it's not never so. On stage...what you see is what you get, it's something you won't forget and it goes past what you expect.

I don't do this just for fame although that is a part of it, I don't do it for the money, I wouldn't make that bet. When I stand in front of all of you, you see just who I am. It's where I'm home, where I feel right. Under the spotlight. Under the spotlight. Under the spotlight. It's where I'm home, where I feel right.

Under the spotlight.

(Alex)
Not for fame. With or without it, I'd still entertain. I'm not about changing who I am for the people who think that they can own me. On my own I still stand alone.

I don't do this just for fame although that is a part of it, don't do it for the money, no I wouldn't make that bet. When I stand in front of all of you, you see just who I am. It's where I'm home, where I feel right. Under the spotlight. Under the spotlight. Under the spotlight. It's where I'm home, where I feel right.

Under the spotlight.

(Both)
Not a slave. Not a burden. Just a way I can do what I like and love too. And I welcome all that comes with being...

Under the spotlight. Under the spotlight. Under the spotlight. Where I feel home, where I feel right.

-----------------------------------------------

After a few runs of the instrumental, during which Alex and Miku sung their lyrics, added harmonies, and a freestyle or two, Alex and Miku were finished. They entered the sound engineering room, where Alex took a selfie with Molly from her phone for her to keep. "Everything's in the computer. Great job you guys. Thank you!" Molly said happily before leaving Alex and Miku alone in the room. Miku smiled a bit at it, and Alex chuckled.

"I think that went very well." Miku said, taking a sip of water. Alex nodded. "I agree. Now let's see what we've got here." He said, sitting down at his computer with the tracks saved to his music production software. He plugged in two sets of headphones, his and Miku's, to it, and played the vocal tracks, one by one individually.