Sixteen

Miku yawned and woke up, stretching. She looked over to where Alex would have been laying, but he wasn't there.

Miku's eyebrows folded. She walked through the room, fixing her hair. He wasn't anywhere to be found.

She found a note taped to the door of the fridge:

"Eat up. Big day today. Your ride will be here at 11 am. See you soon babe. ~Alex"

Miku smiled with a slight tilt of her head. The note was extremely cute to her. She opened the fridge. Her breakfast was waiting for her inside. She warmed it up, ate, showered, then put some clothes on.

Her signature outfit.

Looking at herself in the mirror, something felt different. She looked like same Hatsune Miku she'd always been, but she certainly didn't feel like the same Vocaloid anymore.

Not that it was a bad thing.

She fixed her sleeves, resting her hands on her hips. Thinking back, she'd been popular for quite some time now, and she had only ever shared the spotlight with Vocaloids before now...

Now she was dating a regular human guy.

But that's just it. He wasn't normal by any means. He was, in all honesty, different than any other man she'd ever met. Even her male Vocaloid friends just didn't compare.

His own passion for what he does seemed to have ignited a new flame in her.

There was a knock at the door. Miku's attention turned away from herself. She checked the time: 11:02 am.

Miku walked to the door, looking through the peephole. Kathy, Alex's agent, stood on the other side. Miku grinned and opened the door.

"Kathy! You're here!" Miku exclaimed happily, giving her a hug. Kathy hugged her back with a chuckle.

"It's good to see you too, Miku. How are you?" Kathy asked.

"Better than I've been in a long time. How about yourself?"

"Same. Truthfully. Today's a big day. You ready?"

"Mhmm." Miku nodded with a smile.

"Come. I'll explain everything in the car." Kathy said, gesturing for Miku to follow as she walked towards the elevator.

***

Kathy and Miku got comfortable in the back of Miku's limousine. Hiru was waiting for them inside as they entered. Miku sat by Hiru, and Kathy sat on the other side.

As the limo pulled into the street, Miku asked her question.

"So what's the big thing happening today?" She asked.

Kathy smiled, "Today a few things are going to happen. Firstly, we're headed to KAITO headquarters, where you will officially pull out from the company."

Miku gasped, "What?!"

She turned to Hiru, "It's happening today?!"

Hiru grinned and chuckled, "Surprise." He said.

Miku was absolutely dumbfounded. It was really happening? Already? It was so quick! How was this possible?

All of these Miku wanted to ask, but she was so in shock that nothing was coming out at all.

Hiru patted his hand on her shoulder, "Today's a big day, huh?"

"Yeah, heheh... So you found a company to sign me into?" Miku asked Hiru, looking up at him.