Parks & Kids

-Jake-

"Come here," I pulled her hand towards a big roller coaster.

"You're going to make all my candy fall," she whined. She is so cute. All I want to do today is watch her have fun. To see her smiling as if this is the best day she has ever had; that's all I want. I've put her through so much and I know she's going to go through even more. I know what's coming and I'm worried. I can't bring it in me to tell her. I want to protect her, I just don't know how. I'm not with her at all times like how I want to be. If I was, I wouldn't even let a fly near her.

Everything feels like a rendezvous; it's just one big happy blur. I really like it. It feels like those movies when the couple decides to do something totally off impulse which is kind of what we're doing right now. The whole park is almost empty since its getting to around diner time and all the families are trying to get home but there's this little girl who keeps staring at Dani and I. She's really adorable and looks like she's really sweet. I look at Dani and she's staring back at the little girl, making cute funny faces and crossing her eyes and such. What a sight to see, I think as I stare at her in full admiration. God, I love her. I really don't think I deserve her but the fact that she even wants me at all, is a blessing.

I feel so happy that everything almost seems slow motion. As if my brain wants this moment to last as long as it can. It feels nostalgic, almost. Being back at this park, this feeling of happiness; it's been too long.

I notice that Dani has started walking towards the little girl, pulling me along softly. She kneels down in front of the girl so she's height to height with her and stretches a hand to meet the little girls tiny ones.

"Hi, sweetie, what's your name?" Dani asks in an almost angelic voice. It rings through my ears like the sound of smooth jazz.

"Jazsmine, but but everyone just calls me Jazs. What's yours?"

"I'm Dani and this is Jake," they both look up at me and I just smile back. The little girl has a thick head of dark brown curls that were held into two low pig tails and her eyes are big and brown. Her smile is very toothy. Showing both rows.

"Is that your boyfriend?" She asked, pointing at me with her tiny fingers. Dani's eyes traced the girls hand to land on me, giving me a beaming smile with a beautiful glint in her eyes.

"Yes, that's my boyfriend," Dani said, standing up to her full height.

"Cool," the little girl, Jazs, said, "Do you guys kiss and stuff?" She gasped, "Does he have cooties?" She looked at Dani curiously. It was so cute. Her eyebrows were raised up and her eyes were wide open so was her lips as she gasped.

"No, honey, he doesn't have cooties, see?" Dani turned her head and laid a quick kiss on my lips before looking at the little human standing in front of her.

"Why are you all alone? Where are your parents? The park is almost empty," I suddenly spoke up, realizing that she wasn't near any one old enough to be her mom or dad. She just shrugged and gave a small 'I don't know'

"We have to fix that then, don't we? Dani said, reaching out to grab the little girls hand. She took it gingerly and we started looking around, "what does your mom look like?" Dani spoke up.

"My mommy is really pretty. Her hair looks like mine but it's a lot shorter," We looked around a little more, the sound of the low music coming from multiple speakers around the park.

I saw a woman looking around with a worried look on her sharp features. Her hair was in a bun but you could tell by the way the colorful lights bounced off her hair that it was curly like Jazs'.

"I think I found her," I whispered to Dani, nodding my head toward where the pretty tan skinned woman was standing.

"Is that your mom, Jazs?" Dani asked her. The little girl nodded, a smile on her face as she lit up at the sight of her mom. Her mom had seen us and ran over with a relieved but angry look on her face.

"Jazs, what did I tell you about wandering off when I'm on the phone!" She whisper-yelled. She smiled at us as she bent down to pick Jazs into her arms for a hug, "Thank you so much for bringing her back to me. I don't know what I would have done if I really lost her," she reached a hand out to me to shake then Dani's after we shook hands. She looked really emotional, which I could understand, it's a scary thought to lose someone, especially of Jazs age.

"It's no problem, ma'am," I said for both Dani and I.

"Here," she handed us a small card.

"What's this for?" Dani asked.

"My birthday party! Will come please?" She said, stretching out the please with her adorable little voice, "please," she said again doing the sane sound again.

"We'll be there," Dani answered and smiled.

"Thank you!" She literally jumped out of her mothers hand and hugged Dani's leg since that was about as tall as she was. Dani went down to her level, giving her a real hug before letting go, allowing the little girl to bolt into my direction to give me a hug also. "Your girlfriend is really pretty and nice," the little girl whispered to me. I couldn't help but smile.

"I know," I said back to the little girl before standing up and locking Dani's fingers with my own. I pressed a light kiss on my girls cheek. I just can't believe how lucky I am.

Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•

Hey guys, this is Kind of a filler chapter. I'm expecting a little drama in the near future. What do you think Jake meant when he said he knows what's coming and he's worried?

See you soon,

- RosexX