Survival & Escape

My blurred vision clears as I blink eyes. My head is aching and I'm lying on the cold floor of a van. I hear George talking in the front of the rapidly moving car. The road is obviously very rough as the car bounces every few seconds.

"You're fucking crazy, man." One of his friends in the front say.

"Watch your fucking mouth. I'm not crazy, I'm just in love," his voice is lowered when he states his feelings.

"You don't love her, you douche, you don't even know much about her. All you ever do at lunch is talk about how nice her body is. You're just infatuated, for god sakes, you fucking watched her shower and fuck her boyfriend, who you claim doesn't love her," his friend went on. A silenced gasp fell from my lips at this information. What a fucking creep.

"I said shut the fuck up, dude!"

"Look, man, all I'm saying is maybe you do need to take your pills. Maybe they haven't done what you need them for yet. You're obviously not cured, bro," his friend was actually pretty sensible. Who knows what George is capable of when he's not on his meds. The car hit a sudden break, making me tumble forward. I haven't really made a sound so I don't think they know that I'm awake.

"Get out," he growls, literally growls, at his friend.

"Come on, bro, you serious?" George didn't answer, instead, he jumps out of the van, walks around it, then opens the passenger door where his friend sits. He pulls him out harshly then throws him to the ground.

"Yes, I'm fucking serious," he grabs a huge rock and drops it right on his friends head, ending his life then and there. His friends body went limp and his chest wasn't moving. Oh my God. I laid back on the floor of the van, wishing I could erase what I'd just seen from my mind. I heard the door leading to the back, where I was, start to open and I tried my best to keep my eyes closed and breathing steady. He was holding some really thick rope in his hands from what I saw through my kind of squinted eyes, "I know you're up, you little bitch, come on." He grabs me by my hair and drags me out of the car and deeper into the woods.

"Please stop," I pleaded, "it hurts, please" I sobbed, trying to pull whatever hair he was gripping from his hands. He let me go by pushing me into a huge tree then pinning me against it.

"Why won't you just give me a fucking chance? What does he have that I don't?" He yelled at me. In my head, I had started listing all the things that Jake had that he didn't but I decided not to speak them out loud since I'm already in a bad situation as it is and he doesn't look very happy. He looked around, still having me pinned to the tree nonetheless. "Remember this forest?" He said calmly, locking his eyes in mine, "we used to come here so often, remember that? We did everything here, swam, ate, played, did homework, you helped me with my skating and I helped you with advice," his eyes were now watery and I could understand why. We had moments and memories that probably led him on. I didn't realize it but now I can see what he thought.

"I'm sorry, George, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to lead you on. We were just friends, I didn't think of you in that way. You were like my brother," I said calmly, looking into his blue eyes. I saw some emotion in his eyes.

"I-" he was about to say but immediately stopped himself. His eyes went cold again. "I don't care what you were trying to do. I tried to be nice, I tried to be okay but I'm not. Do I look fucking okay to you?" he exclaimed, taking the rope and tying me to the tree.

"W-what are you doing?" My heart was beating fast as he finished wrapping the rope around me and the tree. "George, what are you doi- please stop!" I cried out.

He started walking away and then I couldn't see him anymore.