Prologue

A/N prologue is in 3rd person, book is not.

"I saw you looking at her!" The girl yelled as she busted through the door onto the roof of the hotel building.

"No I wasn't, Calm down," The guy replied calmly, following her. 

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She snapped, walking towards the pool.

"You know, I don't think I can handle you anymore. Everything I do or say ticks you off!"

"You're breaking up with me?.." she asked shocked, turning to him to stare into his eyes.

He sighed. "Yes.. I brought you on this getaway to see if we could fix this. But obviously we can't," he looked down at the pool. "You don't trust me. How can I be with someone like that?"

"I'm sorry, I'll work on it, okay?" she replied walking towards him. "Just me and my crazy hormones," she laughed nervously.

"No," he shook his head and took a step away from her. "You don't get it, you won't change! You can never be in a meaningful relationship because you'll never trust anyone!"

The girl was stunned into silence by the truth of his words.. He was right. Her past stopped her from moving forward with her life. She watched him as he walked away. She knew that he could do better then her. He would be fine. She sank down, dipping her feet into the pool. She would forever be alone..

As the girl sat at the pool getting lost in her thoughts, another girl sat not to far away thinking all the same thoughts. 

It seemed as though Yasmine was not alone when it came to her troubled past. 

She watched the girl from the corner of the rooftop. She could tell that the girl was already so much stronger then her. To let go of someone without more of a fight. 

Yasmine turn towards the lights that brighten the twilight sky of Sin City. 

But would that make her strong or weak? 

Had this girl already given up on life? 

Could someone even let go of their haunting past? 

Could they move on from all the pain they have suffered in order to be happy?

Could she?