Chapter 44

Brandi told me she'd meet up with me in England. Yeah, I was going to England. I didn't exactly want to go back to Canada. I was scared I'd run into dad and Drew again. And the farther away I was from Joey, it was the better for me. I was leaving tomorrow morning. I haven't talked to Joey in a little over 5 days. Lillian comes to check on me.

"Are you really doing this?" She asks sniffling. I wrap my arms around her.

"Really am." I say.

"Please don't." She whispers.

"I'm sorry. I can't take it here anymore. I want you to stay with Claire too while she works on her acting job." I tell her.

"I don't want you to go!" She says crying more.

"I'll visit, you'll visit. We'll Skype, I'll call every day." I say.

"But I'll miss you." She sobs.

"You  don't think I'll miss you too? Listen, I'm not leaving because of you okay?" I ask.

"What about your job?" She asks.

"I get my first and last paycheck tomorrow." I say with a small laugh.

"You didn't even work there for two weeks." She laughs.

"I know." I mutter. Claire comes in and hugs me.

"I hate you." She says hugging me.

"Ditto." I sa hugging back.

"You better keep me updated on instagram." She warns me. She's not the type of person to cry.

"I promise." I say.

"I'll miss you so so so much." I mumble hugging all of them again.

"You don't have to-" Claire begins.

"I do Claire. I really really do. I can't take it anymore." I whisper biting my lip.

"But you're my best friend." She whispers.

"I know. I'm gonna miss you with all my might." I whisper.

"Christmas is in two in a half weeks." Lillian sobs.

"I'll be back then." I simply say sitting on my now packed suitcase. I zip it up and add it to my collection of boxes and bags.

"Where are you even staying?" Lillian asks.

"Well, the first couple weeks, Dan and Phil. It'll work from there. They said I could stay until Brandi comes, which is like a month or something." I shrug.

"Please don't leave because of Joey." They both say.

"I'm not leaving just because of Joey. I am getting away from Joey, yes, but England also has been a life-long dream of mine. If I want to get away, what's a better time to go?" I shrug.

"Never." Lillian pouts.

"I love you guys, you're like my second and third sisters." I mutter.

"It's late girly, you have a flight soon. Goodnight." Claire says walking out.

"Does this mean I get your room?" Lillian asks. I smile and nod. She smiles and walks out. I glance into Joey's/Brandi's room.

"Hey." I say plopping next to her.

"Hi." She responds.

"So you're meeting me up in England when?" I ask. 

"Sometime in late Janurary." She states.

"Okay." I nod.

"I know I've only known you for a week but I'll miss you soooo much." She says hugging my side.

"Me too." I say. We hug a while longer before pulling away.

"Night." She says as I stand back up. I salute to her and walk out. Joey looks up at me with red puffy eyes. I didn't even know he was here.

"Why are bags packed in your room?" He asks. I stand there in silence.

"Why?" He asks.

"I-I'm going somewhere for a while." I mumble.

"Where?" He asks. I stay silent for a bit.

"Where are you going Delilah?" He asks.

"E-England." I choke out.

"Please." He croaks.

"I'm sorry Joey. I'm sorry." I whisper walking past him to my room. I lie on my bed staring at the ceiling. I look around at the blank room. I've been here for 5 months. That's not even half a year. Minus like the month and a half I was on tour. I'm really going to miss this place. So much. So so much.

*Next Day* 

My alarm goes off. It's 5 in the morning. The flights leaving at 7 so this gives me some time. I had to take a shower and all that stuff. Luke and Sawyer came over to help me with my bags, which consisted of them mostly trying to talk me out of it.

"Sorry guys. Thanks though." I mutter. I hug each of them and drive off to the airport. Of course I said bye to everyone before I left, I couldn't just not do that. Brandi was with me, but she was going on her flight back to Canada, whereas I was flying to England. We reached the airport and a guy helped us with our bags. We had a few more minutes so we talked.

"You really don't have to do this. You can make up with Joey-" 

"I can't. I really, really can't. It's better this way. No ones talking me out of this. No one. I can't anymore, I just can't. Brandi's flight was called before mine.

"Please don't do this." She tells me.

"I'm sorry. I have to." I say. She hugs me.

"See you in a month I guess." She mutters.

"See you in a month." I shrug. She walks to the boarding place and I stare at her until she's out of sight. My flight is called soonly after. I look back. So many things have happened here, meetups, birthdays, fights, the beginning started here. I'm going to miss California. So, so much.

It's never easy leaving it all behind. Ever. You can't just leave 5 months of happiness and bonding all behind, it's never that easy.

Yes I'll miss everybody, I'm not doing this out of selfishness. 

I'm doing it for the sake of everybody else.

+++++++++++++

OH MY GOD!

I CRIED MAKING THIS, I'M STILL CRYING OMG. OMG. OMG. I MISS THIS BOOK ALREADY!

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT'S GONNA BE CHANGING MY PROFILE, FROM CURRENT STORIES TO FINISHED STORIES?

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT WILL BE FOR MEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!

MY GRANDMA IS FORCING ME TO GET SEAFOOD, BLECK.

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M SIGNING OFF THIS STORY. WOW.

ALWAYS REMEMBER, I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR FACES, NO MATTER WHAT.

BYE :)