Chapter 4

"So tight." He smirked, thrusting in and out of Carrie roughly.

Carrie felt her insides being stretched further and further every time he pounded into her. She was sure that at any given moment she was going to rip in half.

He had at least three inches on Mike which allowed him to go deeper inside her than Mike ever had. It felt like he was ripping her insides apart, tearing every muscle in her entire body.

She couldn't stop herself from screaming, the pain was too much.

This wasn't how it was supposed to be. She wanted Mike. She wanted to feel his gentle, soothing touch. She wanted to be wrapped in his arms. She wanted to hear his voice. She wanted to feel happy.

"STOP IT! OUCH! STOP!" Carrie screamed, kicking and screaming in her sleep.

"Carrie Carrie wake up." Mike gently shook his shaking wife.

"Shh, shh. You're okay Carrie you're okay." He enclosed her into a tight hug, holding her as close to his body as he could.

Her whole body shook violently as she sobbed, gripping his shirt tighter as the flashbacks raced through her head.

"Shhh, It's just a dream." Mike rubbed circles around her back.

"But it's not a dream, it was real." She sobbed, burying her face deeper into his chest.

Mike's heart shattered. He'd never seen his wife so broken before.

"He's not going to hurt you anymore, I promise." Mike whispered.

For thirty minutes, Mike cradled his wife in his arms, rocking her back and forth and rubbing her back as her cries subsided.

Finally, after fighting her tears for so long, she fell back asleep in his arms.

Mike laid awake, watching his wife peacefully sleep and thinking about how much things had changed in just a matter of hours.

"Hey have you talked to Carrie today?" Mike asked Ivey, taking a drink out of the fridge and holding the phone in between his ear and shoulder while opening it.

"Yeah she was here like two hours ago, she said she was stopping at cvs to pick something up and then heading home, is she not home?" Ivey replied, closing the store for the night.

"No. She's not answering her phone. I'm starting to get worried." Mike sighed.

Ivey felt her stomach drop. Carrie had been there at least two hours ago, maybe more. She only had to get one thing at cvs, she should have been home hours ago. "Maybe you should retrace her steps from here to cvs and home. Make sure she didn't get in a wreck or something." Ivey felt her voice crack as she got the word wreck out.

"I will." Mike swallowed hard. He could feel the pit in his stomach rising.

"Let me know okay? Don't get too worried yet Mike, it could be anything." Ivey said, although she didn't sound convincing and she knew it.

Mike hung up and headed towards the cvs near the house, carefully watching for signs of a car crash or anything to hint at where she was.