Chapter 18

"Good morning." Mike grinned, answering his phone when she saw his wife calling.

"Good morning." Carrie gushed, instantly feeling better when heading Mike's voice.

"How was your second show last night?" Mike asked. He hated missing her Opry shows, but he had to leave for Virginia that morning for the next playoff game and only got to listen to the first show before he went to sleep.

"Good I think! Nobody messed up, so it was a success to me." Carrie laughed. "But I miss you."

"I miss you too babe, so so much. But I'll be home tomorrow afternoon, it'll be here before you know it." Mike assured her. "What do you have planned for the day?"

"I have a doctors appointment at 2:30, right now I'm just laying in bed though I don't feel good."

"I'm sorry Care." Mike sighed, his mood changing. Carrie had had so much morning sickness with her pregnancy and he hated he couldn't do anything about it.

"I'll be fine, it's nothing new." She chuckled.

"Well still." Mike laughed. "Alright I have to go, practice starts in a few. I'll try to call you again before the game. Feel better and have a good appointment, I love you bunches."

"I'll do my best. If I don't talk to you, good luck tonight, I know you're gonna kill it. I love you more." Carrie replied before hanging up the phone.

After taking an hour long nap, Carrie woke up feeling a little better and got up to fix something to eat before her appointment.

She just had a small bowl of soup, not wanting to upset her stomach even more than it already was.

As much as she didn't want to get dressed and go to her appointment, she knew she needed to suck it up and go so she took some Tylenol and headed to the doctors.

"Carrie Fisher." A nurse called out, stepping into the waiting room where Carrie and one other woman were sitting.

Carrie stood up slowly, her head pounding and her stomach twisting.

"Hi Carrie, how are you?" She asked, leading her back to the room.

"Pretty good, you?"

"I'm doing well thanks." She smiled in return. "Alright step up here and let me get your weight and then you can take a seat on the exam table."

The nurse took her weight, blood pressure, and all her other vitals before leaving the room so Carrie could change into a gown.

Doctor Hall knocked on the door before entering a couple minutes later. "Hey Carrie."

"Hey." Carrie smiled back.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm good, not feeling very good but I'm okay" Carrie replied, watching her sit down on the rolling chair and get everything set.

"Morning sickness still bad?"

"Horrible." Carrie groaned.

"Agh I'm sorry Carrie, I hope it stops soon. I hope for your sake you're not one of the women who stay sick all 9 months of their pregnancy. Most people are only real sick at the beginning." Doctor Hall explained.

"Gosh I hope not, I don't know if I could handle that."

"I know I know, let's hope it stops soon." She offered a reassuring smile.

"Alright, lay down, let's take a look."

"Is Mike ready for the game tonight?" She asked, examining Carrie.

"I think so, if they can play half as good as they did last game they can win this thing." Carrie replied.

"Fingers crossed." Doctor Hall smiled.

"Everything looks great! You're right on track, the baby is growing perfectly, we should be able to find out the gender next appointment." She said happily once she finished the exam.

"Yay! I can't wait." Carrie grinned widely. "And I'll make sure Mike can be here for that one."

Doctor Hall laughed. "I think that's it! Unless you have any more questions."

"No I think I'm good!"

"Alright then I'll see you next month! Hope you feel better, tell Mike I said good luck tonight." Doctor Hall smiled.

She exited the room and Carrie changed back into her clothes and headed home.

Her nausea had gotten worse, so she fell back onto the bed and almost immediately fell asleep but was woken back up with a phone call.

"Hello?" Carrie answered, not recognizing the phone number appearing on her cell phone.

"Hi, is this Carrie Fisher?" A woman's voice said.

"Yes this is she." Carrie said nervously.

"This is Julia from the Nashville police department, I just wanted to let you know that Drake Matthews was released from prison today."