Chapter 20

Carrie patiently waited outside the baggage claim terminal of the Nashville airport, watching the rain cover her front window.

She made sure the doors were locked for the fourth time in the past twenty minutes since she'd gotten there. As much as she'd convinced herself not to worry about Drake, she couldn't stop herself from being extra cautious and nervous.

Carrie picked up her phone again to text Mike and see what was taking so long.

Mike exited the airport and saw his wife's car parked just up ahead, so he put the hood of his jacket up and ran towards the car.

Knocking on the window of the drivers seat, Carrie jumped at the noise. Seeing her husband's face, she unlocked the door and jumped out, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're here." Carrie mumbled into his chest, clinging to him as they both became drenched in rain.

Mike pulled away and lifted his wife's chin up, planting a long slow kiss on her cherry lips.

"I love you." He smiled, pulling away slowly as the raindrops slid down her face.

"I love you too." Carrie whispered. Neither of them cared that they were getting soaked by the rain, or that they looked like idiots standing in the rain and people were staring.

"We should probably go home now." Carrie giggled after the couple had stood looking into each other's eyes for five minutes. Mike kissed her one last time before they both climbed into the car.

"How was the flight?"

"Good! I'm exhausted." Mike pulled out of the airport and headed towards home.

"I bet! You guys have been working hard!" Carrie exclaimed. Mike kept his hand on her thigh the whole way home, gently caressing it.

They picked up takeout on the way home and sat at the table enjoying being together again.

"So um, have you heard anything about Drake?" Mike hesitated to ask, breaking the silence as they ate.

"No" Carrie mumbled. Her mood immediately changed and Mike could tell. He regretted bringing it up.

"Well that's good." Mike muttered. He didn't have a clue what to say. "So um-"

"Mike I'm scared." Carrie interrupted him, her voice barely audible. "I'm so scared"

"Come here" Mike pushed his seat back, patting his lap for Carrie to come join him.

Carrie got up and sat down on Mike's lap, putting her arm around his neck. Mike looped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer so they were both comfortable.

"He's not going to come back Carrie. He can't, he's on probation with the law he's monitored everywhere he goes. He's not going to find you again. I know that's harder than it sounds, but you can't live the rest of your life in constant fear everywhere you go or you'll never enjoy life again. And you can't stress about this either, it's not good for the baby." Mike placed his hand on Carrie's small bump and smiled softly.

"I know." She mumbled, looking down at her belly with tears in her eyes. "I just don't want him to hurt me again."

Mike pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back and kissing the her head. "He won't. I've got you."

----------

"Good luck tonight, I know you're going to kill it." Carrie smiled, rising up onto her toes to kiss her husband.

"Thank you." Mike replied, squeezing her small hips.

"Baby fisher and I are rooting for ya" Carrie winked. "I love you."

"I love you more." Mike smiled, planting a long passionate kiss on Carrie's lips.

"And I love you too little one." Mike bent down and kissed her small bump, making Carrie's heart melt.

"I'll see you later, play great." Carrie said with a wink, smacking his butt on his way out the door.

After Mike left to warm up for the game, Carrie took a shower, curled her hair, got dressed, and headed to go get Ivey.

When she pulled up at her house, she honked the horn and Ivey came out seconds later.

"Hola!" Ivey said happily, hopping into the front seat.

"Somebody's in a good mood." Carrie chuckled.

"Leona's been at Mark's parents the past two days, it's been so quiet and peaceful we don't even know what to do with ourselves."

"Oh right right I forgot, I bet that's nice." Carrie laughed.

The two headed to the arena and found their box quickly without getting stopped by any fans.

"If they win this they're in the finals, right?" Ivey asked.

"Mhmmm." Carrie was focused solely on the game in front of her. The Preds had been down the whole first half, and they'd have to get a goal soon to catch up if they wanted to win.

Buzzing in her lap, Carrie pulled her phone out to see who'd texted her.

Reading the text on the screen in front of her, she froze, the phone dropping right out of her hands and onto the floor.