Garnet

Garnet's POV
I sat in science class, bored with my life and doodling in my notebook. I was drawing my mother. She died six years ago, when I was in sixth grade. My monster of a father killed her. He's dead, too. He was put on death row and got injected with poison. I'm glad. I live with my Aunt Ruby, and her Wife, Aunt Sapphire. They're madly in love, I wish I could be in a relationship like that. I got carried away with my thoughts until the door opened. There stood a slender girl with strawberry blond hair and big, ice blue eyes. The teacher, Mrs.Quartz, loudly clapped her hands and announced that we have a new student. "Everyone, this is Pearl! She just moved here from California! That surely is a long way, from California to New York!Does anyone have an empty seat?" I raised my hand. "Excellent! Pearl, that's Garnet. She's one of our top students here and she'll be glad to get you started!" Pearl made her way over to me, sitting down at our desk. I looked over at her and noticed how her hair fell perfectly and ended at her shoulders. She's just so... Pretty. 'Good gosh I'm so gay.' I think. "Um... Garnet was it? What page are we on?" Spoke a soft voice. I look over at Pearl. "Page 207, were talking about Earth Science." "Oh,ok. Thank you." We continued the lesson in silence, until Mrs.Quartz tells us that we've been so good that we deserve the last ten minuets of class as free time. Pearl and I begin a steady conversation when she notices the doodle of my mother. "Who's that?" She asks. "Oh, that's my mother. She... Um.... died six years ago." I looked at my shoes, dark red and black Jordans. "I'm so sorry for your loss." She notices my tears, and pulls me in for a comforting hug. "It's been a little hard on Ames and I, but we've been though. Thank you." "No prob! And who is Ames?" She asks. "Oh! Ames is my younger sister, Amethyst. She's in eleventh grade." I answered her. "Oh wow, I have a sister in eleventh grade too! Her name is Peridot... She's really shy." She replied. I liked being around her. She seemed cool.