The Funeral

Pearls POV
Tears clouded my field of vision as Garnet drove me to the funeral in my black mustang. I tried to look ahead, but it was nearly impossible. I was dressed in a black cocktail dress with a white sweater and a pin signifying that I was the daughter of the deceased. Since he was gone, I have to take over as head of the family as I am a legal adult. Amethyst and Peridot were in the backseat. Ames was comforting Peridot, who was crying. We're orphans now.

We arrived at Fort Albany. I immediately spotted his coffin, a slick black wooden peice covered with an American flag with his picture resting on top. I saw it and I stopped walking. Garnet noticed and walked me over to a bench.
"Are you okay?"
"No! I'm not okay! All that's left is Peri and I! The rest of our family is dead!I-"
She stopped my rants my kissing me.
"Let's go. You have a eulogy to give soon."

I couldn't believe my eyes. About a hundred people showed. I felt so loved. About ninety eight companions, friends, acquaintances and bosses all came to see him off. How amazing.

{Pearls Eulogy}
Thank you all for coming today. My father was a brave and loyal soldier, father and husband. It is with great difficulty that I announce his unfortunate demise. He died in battle. My sister and I miss him very much. I will begin my eulogy with a memory unforgotten. This took place when I was eight, and my sister, Peridot, seven. He was off for Father's Day, and we spent the entire day playing in a field. He would toss us up, as we are very light and then we would catch us and pretend to drop us. That memory is crystal clear, a price of him that I will hold onto forever. Thank you so much for coming.

And with that, I kissed his coffin and sat down next to Garnet. We whispered until the funeral was over. The hearse drive him away, and we went home. The burial would be tomorrow.

Short chapter I know, but I've been really busy lately. Love❤️