Pearl and Peridot

Pearl's POV
I wake up to the obnoxiously loud sound of my alarm clock. Ugh. Here we go again. New school, new faces, new teachers and new bullies. I was constantly bullied because of my dorky, ill fitting glasses. On any normal person, they would look fine, but with my skinniness, they look over-sized and disgusting. I look across the room at my little sister, Peridot. She's in eleventh grade, myself in twelfth.I get out of bed and dress. I wear a light blue crop-top with a black tank top underneath, with midnight blue skinny jeans and my black city sneaks.(city sneaks are low rise tennis shoes) I shake Peridot awake and tell her to dress. She wears a green t-shirt with black skinny jeans and green high tops. She puts her blond hair up in a high ponytail and races downstairs. "Where's Dad?" She asks as I slowly descend the steps, wanting to slow down time. "Oh, Peri. You know where he is. He's at the fort, protecting our country."I say gently. "Oh." She whispers. "Cheer up! We start at a brand new school today! Aren't you excited?!" I exclaim. "Yeah, I guess." She says unenthusiastically. "What's wrong?" I ask. " We move schools twice every year, and we never stay long enough to make friends." She says on the verge of tears. "Lighten up." I say "I'm sure you'll make loads of new friends. You've always been good at making friends!" This immediately lightens her mood, I can tell because of the wide grin that stretches across her face. "Okay." We finish our breakfast and walk to school.