Calling For Me

Ch.1- How it all started.

It all started when I took my younger sister, Kati, to the park for the annual Halloween Festival. I stood by the tent, wind blowing through my hair as Kati got her faced painted to look as if she were a pumpkin. As I waited boredly for something to happen, I heard my name being called through the breeze, "Audrey.....Audrey........". I knew it wasn't Kati, or my friend Bella prank calling me on my phone, it was a rhaspy, clear, silenced tone moaning to me. I would ask Kati if we could leave now, but she would know that something was wrong, plus I wouldn't want to frighten a five year old. I soon noticed that I instictively started to bite my fingernails, a habit that I could not overcome. Suddenly, I looked up from my chipped fingernails to find a mezmerizing, old house, across the street. Once again, I heard the wind calling my name, but from the direction of the house. Fear lingered in me, a thirteen year-old, that there was something in that house, something bad, calling for me. "Audrey, Audrey I wanna ride the ponies!!" Demanded Kati. The fear in my stomach started to come back, for the ride Kati wanted to go on was right in front of the house.

****************************

Hi, btw I'm new so idk how to make new pages, unless it automatically does it. Hope you like it!!!!

*****************

Calling for me Ch.2.

Chapter 2-Time for a costume!

Since I was the one responsible for Kati, I responded with a simple no. "But I won't have any fun!"she argued as her tantrum started to begin. Finally, I suggested to take her the store and buy her a cotume for the contest. I wasn't sure if I said that to make her stop whining, or to get away from the creepy house, but I didn't dwell on it. When I got inside, I saw my best friend, Bella. While Kati was looking for a costume, I decided to get one myself.

"Which should I get?" I asked. "Hmmmm....... well are you looking for something creepy or stylish?"Bella questioned. "Definitly creepy,"I answered. " My advice- either a ghost or a zombie but whatever," Reasponded Bella. I couldn't decide which so I checked to see if they had either, and they had neither. I looked around and just decided to get a zombie costume and Kati got yet another princess dress and tiara. After checking out, we walked home.

When I got home, I helped my mom decorate for our Halloween party tonight. As I stirred the "eyeball punch"-red koolaid mixed with gummy eyeballs-I once more thought about the mysterious house across from the park. Once I finished creating snacks with tacky names, I slipped out of the kitchen to talk to our neighbor, Mrs. Carlson. Mrs. Carlson was an elderly lady who seemed to be the kind of person who would believe in paranormal happenings.

"Hello Mrs.Carlson!"I yelled as I walked over to the old woman on the lawn chair, in the garage. "Is that you, Audrey Burner?"Responded Mrs.Carlson. "Do you ummm........well....believe in ghosts?" I questioned. "Not only do I believe, but I've also had an experience, come inside and I'll tell you more,"said Mrs.Carlson.

*********************

Thanks to anyone who has read this so far, I'm glad that someone might be reading this, even if its only one person. I have written more chapters, but I would like to get one or two more reads before I post the next chapter.

*********************