please don't go // mike posner

I walk into choir with Calum. We have been the talk of the day. Everyone has been happy and it's been a good day. The day has gone so smooth until Cal and I walk into choir while holding hands and I see the look on Michael's face. Anger. Michael looks just absolutely furious. It confuses me because as far as I knew, they were only friends. Unless the case was for the fact that I had been around him during the times that he'd normally be around Michael. So basically, Michael is jealous.

And that's exactly what it had turned out to be. After choir, Calum and Michael left the room after I did and I had heard yelling in the hall come from the two of them. It was more of bickering because Michael hates me. He does. He hates that I'm full of myself and that I wave around my popularity. I actually sort of 'hate' him. It's mostly just jealousy. His fringe is so much better than mine is and I'm jealous. But I have no real reason to hate him. Calum walks up to where I'm waiting for him and takes my hand. Michael flies past us as we slowly walk to our lockers.
"You know, I don't hate him like he hates me. But I am jealous of his hair." I mention to Calum who has his eyes locked on the floor in front of him. "Hey." I stop, making him face me. "Are you alright?" I ask. I move the hair out of his face and lift his chin with my free hand.
"I'm fine."
"No you aren't." I say softly, kissing his lips quickly.
"Can we not talk about it right now? I just want to go home." He mumbles enough for me to hear. I nod, kissing his cheek before we continue to our lockers.

We walk into my room and Calum kicks off his shoes, sitting on the bed. I do the same and sit down next to him.
"Can we talk?" He asks. I nod, wrapping an arm around his waist as he lays his head on my chest.
"Yeah, go ahead." I speak, kissing the top of his head. Calum seems to hesitate, but then speaks.
"I feel like we should just be friends, ya know?" He says. As soon as he says that, my heart drops. I wasn't expecting this. He seemed so happy.
"How come?"
"Well, I feel like we exclude Michael and we shouldn't. If we are together, we seem to be teaming up on Michael. I don't think that's fair to him."
"But Cal. He hates me. What makes you think he won't change you?"
"He won't, Luke. You're changing me." He sighs, moving away from me. "I feel like we need some time apart."
"So we're breaking up?" I mumble.
"If that's what it means, I guess so." Calum concludes our conversation. We sit there for another hour doing nothing, but sit on our phones until he has to go home. He doesn't even say bye to me. I must have done something wrong.