on my mind // pia mia

Michael falls off my bed laughing the hardest I've ever seen him laugh. I laugh at him laughing.
"It wasn't that funny, Michael!!" I laugh, snorting.
"LUKE. COWS CAN'T TALK." Michael laughs loudly. "I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU THINK THEY CAN SAY HELLO." He practically yells. It's a good thing my parents are out on a date night tonight so that they aren't yelling at me to be quiet. But Ben and Jack are home so they'll probably do that. Michael finally calms down and picks himself up off the floor. I look up at him and his eyes are a little more green than they were when he first came over. I feel like I've accomplished something. He sits back down on my bed, sighing. "That was a work out" He giggles. I just shake my head and smile. We both sit on our phones for a little until I hear a huff come from Michael. I look up at him to see a tear start to run down his face. I furrow my eyebrows.
"Are you okay?" I ask quietly. He looks up, quickly wiping away the tears.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry." He practically whispers. It was such a quiet mumble that I could barely hear him.
"No you're not." I say softly. He just breaks down in tears, putting his face in his hands. I put a hand on his knee. "Come here." I say, scooting to one side of my bed. He crawls over and sits next to me. I put an arm around him, rubbing his back. By time he had finished crying, he was straddling me with his head in the crevice between my neck and shoulder. I just kept my arms around him in a tight hug. I haven't had any of my friends cry this hard around me, ever. Michael pulls back, wiping tears from his cheeks.
"You're the first to notice." He mumbles, still shaken up by whatever it was on his phone.
"Are you alright though? Like..." I trail off, not knowing how to describe what he even reacted to.
"My mum texted me saying that my dad left." He pauses. "Again..." He sighs, wiping away more tears.

"Shh, it's okay. Please don't cry." I coo as I wipe tears away for him.
"He's always left and come back. He does it at least 4 or 5 times a month. My parents fight a lot, but don't ever plan on divorcing. It doesn't make sense to me. If they aren't in love anymore, why not call it quits? But mum says that it's because he's stressed out from work and dealing with the stress of that his only son is gay." He stops, realizing that he just told me everything. Well, almost everything. That can't be everything behind the reason his eyes are so dull. "I'm so sorry, Luke." He says, quickly moving away from me and sitting back in the spot he was before. "I didn't mean to-"
"It's okay, Michael." I cut him off. "It doesn't bother me." A smile forms on his face. "I am too. I'm surprised you haven't guessed that already." I chuckle. "Remember? I dated Calum." I laugh a little more as he does too.
"Oh yeah." He smiles more, laughing a little bit.
"Want to go downstairs and get some ice cream? It makes every situation better." I grin.
"What kind do you guys have?"
"Mint chocolate chip."
"That is my all time favorite." Michael grins, getting up off the bed, making his way downstairs. I follow him to the kitchen. As soon as I make it downstairs, he already has it out, scooping some into his bowl. He has a second one out for me and scoops some out for me also. I sit on the stool next to the counter, grabbing my bowl and spoon as Michael puts away the ice cream. He grabs his and sits next to me. "Cheers!" He says, holding up a spoon full. I smile, tapping my spoon full with his. As we finish our ice cream, we fill the kitchen with loud laughter. We decide to look up bad pick-up lines. "I've got a really good one!" Michael says loudly. "Let's play titanic. You be the iceberg and I'll go down." He smirks and we both start laughing hysterically.
"What the hell did I just hear?" I hear Jack groan as he walks down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Oh it's you." He practically glares at me. I start acting like I was really offended.
"How dare you say that!"
"You're the one being loud down here!"
"It's Saturday night. Who cares? Oh wait. You." I laugh. He gives me the stink eye.
"I was actually trying to sleep." He says as he gets out the ice cream.

"Okay, says the one who's about to eat ice cream." I pause raising my eyebrows.
"Okay, shut up."
"You know mum's going to be home soon with dinner."
"You guys just had ice cream? What the hell?" He yells.
"Yeah, but we had ordered pizza right before mum and dad left. You weren't home yet."
"You're a fucking troll, you know." He says under his breath, putting the ice cream back in the fridge. He walks into the living room, turning on the TV. I look at Michael and he's trying to hold back from laughing really loud. I start laughing with him. We manage to calm ourselves before we get yelled at again.
"Want to go play fifa upstairs in your room?" Michael asks. I nod and we venture back upstairs for the rest of the night.