impossible year // panic at the disco

I wake up alone in Michael's bed. I frown. The sun is shining through his open blinds. The sky is clear and it's such a beautiful fall day. I smile, the leaves reminding me of the colorful headed boy who was currently now missing. He recently dyed his hair again the day before homecoming. It's now a purpley galaxy type color. Even though the leaves don't turn his color of purple, they're still so much different than their original color. I roll out of his bed, walking over to the window to admire the beautiful day. I look out at his back yard to see the old swing set that was there way before he moved in from what he told me. He said he was actually glad it was there. It reminded him of his child hood. There's a tree in the back corner that had branches hanging low to the ground. In the other corner there's a garden and a small shed. I look back over at the tree to see Michael sitting on one of the branches, writing something in a notebook. I pull on my shoes and I grab one of his hoodies, pulling it over my tank top. I go downstairs and outside. The colorful headed boy looks up from his notebook and smiles at me.

"Did you sleep well, Lucifer?" I scrunch up my nose at the pet name that him, Ash, and Cal made up for me.
"Yes Michael." I laugh a little at his facial expression. He has a smirk on his face because he knows what I think about the pet name. I climb up into the tree. sitting against the tree on the same branch as he is sitting on. I cross my legs, facing him. "What are you up to writing?" He shrugs.
"Just a song is all." He smiles. It's nice to admire him from afar. We sit in silence as he writes and I just admire him  writing. There's an occasional conversation but they don't last more than a minute until he goes back to writing again.

"Luke." Calum says, snapping me out of my daze.
"Hm?" I hum, my attention towards the boy now snapping his fingers and waving his hand in my face.

"What is wrong with you?" He asks. I shrug, taking a sip of my chocolate milk through the straw
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Yes you do. You're all...gushy." He says as if it were the worst thing to possibly happen.
"Is that a bad thing?" I say, getting up and throwing away my garbage in the trash can near us. I sit back down and Calum gives me his 'really?' look. "What?"

"You like Michael, don't you?" He smirks.

"Pft. No." I laugh it off. Of course I do, I just won't admit it to Calum. It's been 3 weeks since homecoming and I can't get my mind off the quirky, colorful headed boy of whom I kissed that Saturday night 3 weeks ago.
"You're lying."

"How do you know I'm lying?" I smirk, testing him, or so I thought.
"Because you never shut up about him. Plus you always seem so bug eyed around him." Calum pauses to only continue to practically ruin my life. "He never shuts up about you either." It didn't ruin my life in the way you'd think, as in it's the most terrible thing to ever happen. No, it ruined my life in the way that I couldn't stop smiling about it so it was obvious I had a major crush on the boy. Now the nagging from Calum and Ashton will definitely never stop. "I knew it."

"What?! No! I don't like Michael!" I whine, trying to convince him that I don't. I am so glad that all three of us don't have the same lunch.
"Then what do you call that huge smile on your face? You know, the one when I said he never shuts up about you?"
"Okay fine! I like him! Now shut up!" I groan, admitting to everything he just said.
"Thank you. I lied about Mike talking about you non stop too. He does talk about you, just not as much as you do." I frown as Calum gets up to throw away his garbage. At first I thought Michael liked me back, but it's now obvious that he probably doesn't.
"Well thanks for ruining my dreams."

"You're welcome." He grins. I almost slap him but he dodges my slap. "Hey, listen. I have to tell you something really important."
"What?" I say, crossing my arms, still mad that he lied to me.
"So apparently, we got signed. Ashton texted me that he got a call today while home sick."
"Man everyone's getting sick." I frown, currently hoping that Ash gets better.

"But no, listen! It's with the same record company that had let us record our first album when Michael had first joined. They said that we're going on tour with another band too!" Calum grins. My eyes widen.
"No way."
"Yes way." I practically almost scream. I am so excited. We're going to get famous! "It's going to get announced tomorrow that we've joined the label."

"When's the tour?!" I ask frantically as if life depended on it.
"Next week." My smile and excitement turns into a frown. So does Calum's. Cal was also offered this thing to go to Brazil to do this football thing since he's played for the school's team for so long and he's really good. It involves him leaving at the end of the school year. So he's either choosing the band or his football career.
"What are you going to do about the trip to Brazil?" He shrugs.
"I'm honestly just thinking about dropping that for the band. Which sucks because what if this band thing is a flop?"
"It probably won't be. What band are we touring with?"

"One Direction." My jaw drops almost instantly. This band was the band that all the girls at our school practically obsessed over. Even we all listened to a bit of their music and they were pretty good. To know that we were going to open for them made me even more excited, but scared of the fact that we leave next week and we'll have to drop high school and it's a world tour. I honestly can't wait to tell my parents and Michael, who will definitely have two different reactions to this.