if it means a lot to you // a day to remember

It's finally summer and it's been great so far. Calum and I aren't mad at each other so that's good. We're in a good place right now. I'm at Ashton's house and we're getting ready for a practice. We're just waiting on Calum. I'm strumming my acoustic while waiting for Calum and Ash to come downstairs when I hear a far too familiar voice along with the two. Much to my surprise it was Michael. The colorful haired boy walks down the stairs along with Calum and Ashton. Michael's hair is now black with a blue streak. A big difference from the blonde at the start of last school year and then the brown from the middle of the year. I roll my eyes at the fact that he's here.

"Michael's joining the band." Calum grins. I put on a fake smile.
"Fantastic!" I say sarcastically, but I guess nobody got the hint of sarcasm. Let's just say that Michael and I had gotten into a fight when I found out that him and Calum were a thing for a little while. Not a physical fight, but enough to be on the brink of one being set up. All of it was online. I found out that was the reason Cal left me and that's when him and I were rough with our friendship. We soon patched things up after their break up, but Michael still hated me and I still hated him. Well, as far as I knew. Instead of practicing, they all start talking as I practice. I ignore their conversation until I hear my name. I look up to notice Ashton looking at me while Calum is gone and Michael is on his phone.
"Do you want any?" Ashton asks me. I furrow my eyebrows. "Pizza you idiot." He chuckles. I laugh nodding. Ashton leaves to go order the pizza for all of us while leaving me here with Michael. I continue playing something random which turns into playing one of our songs. I start singing to it. We called the song Try Hard and it's about me trying way to hard to get this one girl to date me. It never worked out, but we decided to keep going with the song anyways.
"It's obvious she's so out of reach, and I'm fighting it hard." I sing and then hum the rest of it while playing. I forgot Michael was in here, but then I look up to see that his gaze was locked onto me. When he notices that I caught him he looks away.
"Sorry." He mumbles. I furrow my eyebrows. I haven't heard him speak since him and Calum were bickering about how Calum didn't spend the day with him. This was back at the beginning of the school year. I hadn't realized how quiet he had become. I look back over at him to notice that he was on his phone again and his eyes were still the greyish green they were to start with when I first took a good look at them. Except for this time, they're almost completely grey. This makes me wonder what actually has gone on in his life.
"Don't be sorry." I finally speak up. He looks back at me and then back at his phone as he shuts off the screen. He stands, walking over to me, sitting next to me on the floor. He stays quiet and just looks back and fourth at me and then at the guitar in my hands.
"Can I see that for a second?" He asks quietly. I nod, handing it to him. He starts to strum it a little bit. "Do you want to do a cover while waiting for them to get back?" He asks, just a tad bit louder than he was before.
"Sure. I mean. What song do you want to record?" I ask, kind of stuttery.
"Do you know the song If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember?" He asks. I nod. We both get up and set up my phone and stools to record. We start recording and Michael speaks "Hey this is Michael." He pauses, sighing. "I'm Michael, this is Luke. We're from 5 Seconds of Summer" I was confused about the name since we didn't, as a group, decide on a name. I guess Michael and Cal had talked about it. We both laughed at his mess up. I guess he's sort of warming up to me, I'm not sure. We start the song and when Michael sings, he's really quiet. As we go through the song, we can't take this whole thing seriously since we both forget the lyrics to the second verse. Towards the end, I could kind of tell how Michael would turn his head to the side as he sang. I don't understand why. He has a fantastic voice. We finish the song and Michael stops the video and there was just a slight tension in the room between us. Not so much of 'I hate you so much' though. It was more of the 'wow this is awkward' kind of tension. I take my phone and decide to upload it to You Tube. I haven't been on in forever so when I get on, I noticed that there were some more videos and the name had changed to 5 Seconds of Summer. I roll my eyes and I guess Michael catches on because I hear a huff from him. I look at him and he looks mad. "What was that for?"
"What? The rolling my eyes?" I ask. He nods. "Oh. I hadn't been on You Tube in a while and I go back and Calum and Ash had changed everything. It was nothing against you, I promise." I say quickly.
"Oh." He mumbles, getting back on his phone.
"Where are those two?" I groan.

"I have no idea." He grumbles. "Do you think they left us down here by ourselves to get along?" He asks. I shrug.
"I don't know. Maybe." I walk up the stairs and go to open the door and its locked. I bang on the door. All I can hear is laughter from the other side. "They locked the door."
"Yep. They totally left us down here to get along." He laughs. I stomp down the stairs and sit back down on the floor in front of Michael. I sigh after sitting with him in silence for another 20 minutes.
"So uh...do you want to like, start over?" I ask.

"Hm?" He hums, confused about what I meant.

"Like this." I pause for a second and then hold out my hand. "Hi. I'm Luke Hemings. What is your name?" I see a grin form on his face and I swear his eyes got just a little bit greener. He takes my hand, shaking it.
"Hi Luke. I'm Michael Clifford."

Let's pretend that Michael has the black with blue streak hair in this video cx