the end of all things // panic at the disco

I haven't spoken to, seen, or heard Michael since the last day of the North American part of the tour. We are on a month break before the Australian part of this tour. We all get to finally go home and unfortunately, my parents are on vacation and my brothers are at university in America. So I'm at home by myself. I've been debating on going to Mike's house since it's our 6 month anniversary. At least I hope. I haven't really gotten him anything. I mean, I have, but it's honestly really cheesy and lame, but cute. I guess. I walk into the kitchen, Michael's present in the small blue box on the counter. I sigh, fiddling with the white bow on it. When I finally decide to go against going to his house, there's a knock on my door. It's probably Ashton, honestly. I roll my eyes, walking to the door to answer it. If it really is Ash, I don't want to see him.
"Ashton, please go home. I'm sorry, but-" I say as I open the door, not paying attention to who is actually there. I stop what I'm saying when I see Michael standing in front of me. A small smile forms on his lips as a quiet chuckle comes from them.
"Are you really that sick of Ash?" Michael smiles more. "It's okay, I'm sick of Cal." Hearing Michael's voice and seeing him smiling just makes me fall for him all over again and I've fallen even harder. I'm lost in my words. I honestly don't know what to say. So I just kiss him. I wrap my arms loosely around his neck, kissing him. Michael wraps his arms around me, obviously holding something in his hand because only one of his hands was flat against the small of my back. I can also feel it on my back. I pull away, cupping his face with my hands and smiling like an idiot.
"I missed you so much. I'm sorry for fighting with you." I mutter so quickly that I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me, but I guess he did because of his response.
"I missed you too, Lukey. I'm sorry I yelled at you so many times. I'm sorry that I said I hate you, because I don't." Michael presses his lips to my forehead for a moment. I pull him inside, closing the door.
"I have something for you." I smile, running back into the kitchen, almost slipping because of my socks. I could hear Michael laughing at me as he followed. Luckily I got the box behind my back before he could see it.
"I do too." Michael grins, walking in with his hands behind his back.
"You go first." I smile back at him. He pulls out a small light blue bag and a bouquet of flowers. I smile, noticing that he went to the same place I did for my present to him. "Aw, Mikey, you didn't have to." I coo, walking up to him and kissing his cheek. I decide to just pull the box out from behind my back, handing it to him.
"You open yours first, okay?" He says. I grin, pulling out the small box that looked almost identical to the one I had given him. I could hear him chuckle as I pull the ribbon off. He probably notice that we went to the same place. I open the box to see a ring. It was a simple black band that had the date we got together engraved on the inside with a heart next to the date. I put the ring on my right ring finger as it fit perfectly.

"Thank you, Mikey. You didn't have to get me anything." I smile, pecking his lips so we could move on so he could open his.
"But I wanted to." He grins, also pecking my lips. He unties the bow and opens the box to reveal a silver band that had the same engraving. "I can't believe we went to the same place and got the same exact engraving. Like we knew what to give each other." Michael smiles, pulling me into a hug. "Thank you, Lukey."

We're laying out in my back yard next to the fire we built in the fire pit. We're laying on two layers of blankets with a blanket over us. It was the clearest night I've seen in Australia in a while during the winter. Michael is laying on his back and I'm laying really close to him for warmth even though we are right next to a fire.
"The stars are so beautiful." I whisper to him, smiling.
"Just like you are." I could hear the smile in his voice. I just absolutely loved today. After we exchanged gifts, we sat around watching movies and then we went out to a small restaurant to get food to only bring it home. We went together just to get carry out. It was obvious that not only did I miss him, he missed me. We couldn't stay away from each other. I feel like that almost-a-month break from each other was supposed to happen. It was only supposed to be a week and a half at the end of July. Then our last show in America was August 10th and it's now the 22nd. We have a month until we go back to touring for another month. It did, though, make us want to be away from Ashton and Calum for a little bit. I was only allowed to hang out with Ash and he was only allowed to hang out with Cal. It was terrible. They probably got sick of us within the first week. I almost got too lost in the stars and Michael's heartbeat when I hear him say something.
"Hey, Luke."
"Hm?" I hum, giving him all of my attention.
"I love you." He says, a small smile evident from the sound of his voice. A smile forms on my lips on instinct as I move closer to him.
"I love you too."