Chapter Nine

It's shorter than the others, but oh my Kami does things get nuts!! I need feedback! Do you think this is a good idea? or not? Vote if you like, comment for feedback, fan if you love (: ↑↔↑ ): JARAIYA! :D

“That’s my life.” I said finally while staring into Shikamaru’s eyes. “And you can’t tell anybody.” I added and he nodded slowly. I could tell he was still having a hard time believing this. I didn’t blame him, I wouldn’t really believe me if I were him. I put some of my white hair behind my ear and smiled at him. “You’re such a great friend.” I said and he smiled back at me.

“You are a great friend too, you are a special person.” I giggled.

“Special… ed?”We both laughed but suddenly Shikamaru stopped, causing me to stop also. He looked at me and smiled.

“You are not special ed, if you were, then I’d be too.” He said and laughed along with me again. I looked up and sighed at the dark cloudless sky.

“It’s time to go home; I bet mom’s freaking out about where I am. Want me to walk you home?” I asked and he shrugged.

“If you want to.” He trailed off and I smirked.

“You want me to, don’t you.” He looked up with a guilty face.

“Caught me?” he offered and I laughed.

We both walked back into Konoha and to the Nara household, when we got to the door Shikaku opened it and crossed his arms.

“I was wondering how long you’d take, your cousin Simiko is over. You can come in if you want. Constantine, you can come in for a little while.” I shook my head no.

“I have to go home, but thanks for the offer. Send my regards to Simiko and his family.” He smiled warmly at me.

“Then I bid you a goodnight. Come on in Shikamaru.” Shikamaru groaned while mentioning how ‘this was a drag’, but went in anyway. He waved at me and I waved back, giving him a you-better-not-tell-anybody-what-I-just-told-you look. He rolled his eyes and closed the door. With a quiet huff, I made my way back home.

“Constantine.” A voice said from behind me. I slowly turned and my eyes widened as I saw Maualei standing next to a boy with a sadistic grin. I backed up a few steps and looked into my pocket for anything to protect myself with; a lame kunai from school. I had to admit, I’ve never been this scared before. And it wasn’t because Maualei was standing there next to a stranger, it was the look on her and the boys’ face; a look that could seriously kill.

“Mau-Maualei?” I stuttered and her grin got wider.

“I have somebody introduce to you to, I think you and him would become great acquaintances.” I extracted my fangs to the bottom of my lip just to feel a teensy bit safer. I listened for any heartbeats, but heard nothing. They were inhuman, and I needed to get away from them; somehow. I would have to try and talk this out, try and get away without a fight. Because somewhere deep inside of me knew that I wouldn’t be able to win this battle.

“I-is that so?” I asked and tried to calm myself down and focus on what I need to do to be safe. I needed mom, and I needed her now. If I just drag this on, somebody, hopefully her, will come looking for me. Maualei shoved the boy into the light where I could fully see him. He had raven black hair in the shape of a ducks butt with glowing red eyes with three commas in the iris; the Sharingan. He was an Uchiha.

“This is Uchiha Sasuke-kun, and he is a new vampire. I can’t hide him at the moment, so you must do the job for me. Think of him as your new little pet, a present from me.” Maualei spoke in a hiss. My eyes snapped to her and I backed up even more. I had been correct, she was a vampire, and she must’ve turned this Sasuke guy right after he had died.

“You know that I cannot hide things- let alone people from my mother. She will know instantly when somebody is with me.” She chuckled evilly like a madwoman.

“Then you must not know much about your own kind. But I guess that’s understandable, all you are is merely a Half-Breed.” I felt myself growl. “Let me tell you a little something Dearie.” She whispered. “I am older and more powerful than your mom. If you want Konoha to live, I suggest you to compile to my wishes and not tell anybody. Oh, and I won’t tell your mom that Shikamaru Nara knows about us, I’ll let that slide.” My eyes widened. She was listening to Shikamaru and I talk, and I couldn’t sense it. He was not safe around me anymore. Like see was reading my mind, she continued her little rant.

“If you are old enough then you can develop the ability to not be sensed by others, and if you are turned by one of those people, then you automatically develop the ability. That’s how you can hide your little Sasuke-kun. I hope you two get along~!” She waved then paused.

“Oh, and you better visit me tomorrow, alone, for a haircut. I want a full report on what happens. Ciao~!” He then disappeared, leaving Uchiha Sasuke standing there with his eyes gleaming in the dark. I glared at him.

“Turn off your Sharingan, you won’t be using it in my presence. Or better, never use it at all.” He glared back at me and appeared in front of me and grabbed my throat with his hand, raising me a few inches off the ground.

“Listen here, I don’t follow orders.” He growled and I raised an eyebrow. I was pretty sure that I could kill him if needed. Mom told me that one time she turned a dying human into a vampire and they were really weak compared to her, and didn’t get any stronger. She also said that unfortunately she had to kill them because they got out of control.

I grabbed Sasukes wrists and twisted, slowly prying his hands away from my throat. I jumped up and killed him like I kicked the robber a few days back. He went skidding back and I landed on the ground rubbing my now sore throat.

“Oh my, what am I going to do with you?” I mumbled to myself.