The Past

Alphys: I-I think I should tell you guys how Undyne and I met...

Well, I-I was looking for a-anime in the dump when I saw a couple of DVDs I didn't have of Mew Mew Kissy Cutie. I squealed, and ran over to the pile.

They were too high up, so I tried climbing. It didn't work.

I tried looking around the trash pile to see if I could get around and cause the pile to fall, but it was compact and not coming apart anytime soon.

Bratty and Catty, since I was still living in their neighborhood at the time, hadn't come with me to help, since they ended up being busy.

I cursed under my breath, seeing if I could use anything nearby to get up. Again, no luck.

"Hello?" I heard behind me. I turned to see Undyne there, but of course I didn't know that yet.

"H-Hi..."

"Need help?"

"Y-Yea. If you c-could... Get those D-D-DVDs for me?"

She reached up, and grabbed them, handing them to me.

"T-Thank you..."

"What's your name?"

I nervously stuttered.  "A-Alphys."

"I'm Undyne! Nice to meet you!"

We talked on the way out of the dump, and I asked her why she was there.

"Sometimes I train down here. I'm trying to be a part of the Royal Guard! I'm training with the King, Asgore!"

I smiled nervously. "I'm trying to build robot to impress him... Since I want to be the Royal Scientist..."

"So your into all that nerd stuff?! Cool!"

I chuckled nervously.

Oh what a fun start to our friendship...