11 {6/6}

My heart nearly stopped.

Where is this woman who embraced him in this picture?

Was she away?

Was she hiding?

Did she know about me?

I back away from the pictures slowly. Was he hiding something from me?

"Here you go, Cupcake,"Jame's voice came from behind me.

I swing around, hoping that he wasn't. He comes down with a huge white graphic T-shirt. . . something that looked as if it would go down t my knees. He approaches me and hands me the T-shirt.

He smiles and looks me in the eyes. As I stare him back, his expression transforms. He know's somethings wrong. Took him long enough.

"You okay, Alexis?"

"Who's that woman," I say, clenching my jaws shut.

He lifts an eye brow. "Woman?"

I point to the golden frame with my index. "Her."

He looks over my back and, his expression. . . it never changes. His face is blank.

"I knew it." I say, throwing the shirt on the ground and pushing passed him.

"Alexis, come on," He says after me. I head straight for the door. "Let me explain, please,"

I swing around after his words. "Okay. Where is she? Huh?" I ask. "She hiding? Is she away? Does she even know about me?"

"Alexis-"

"James," I say, my tone more calm. "I swear on my life that if-----"

"She's dead." He says flatly, as if I asked him what his favorite colour was. . . just. . . emotionless.

I freeze and drop my arms.

"Lizzy. She passed away two years ago. It was her mother's ninety-first birthday. She drove all the way out to New Jersey. . . and never came back." I blink. "It took them three days to tell me she was in a terrible car accident. . . and that she didin't survive." He looks away from me. . . as if he was trying to remember something.

I step forward and touch his shoulder. "I'm so sorry. . . I didn't. ."

"It's okay, Alexis. But. . . she was my last. . . I just. . . didn't. . . couldn't. . . find anyone else like her."

I was speechless. I felt stupid. I felt ignorant and immature for overreacting.

It was so silent here, that the silence even felt loud.

"I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, really. I should have told you sooner."

I bite my lip. This whole time, I'd been hoping. . . praying. . . Jame's wasn't a dream. It was hard to believe that someone so beautiful could be real. I was afraid that he might disappear in a sudden puff of smoke, and I would wake up. Yet, it sort of frightened me that he was here. And I was standing here in his living room.

He sighs and picks up the wrinkly shirt I'd just tossed on the floor. He held it up to me. "Now, go. I'll fish out some food and you'll put this on, okay?" He says in a sexy, dominant tone.

I put on a fake smile as he hands me the shirt. "Thanks," was all I could say. I look down at my heels. My pretty purple and black stilettos. If only he knew how sorry I was. I feel his presences closer, now, his chest nearly brushing mine. The adobe walls glow flesh-like in the dark. I could suddenly feel the tension cool; The anger decrease. His lips, slowly - very slowly - touch my forehead. I could feel his steady breathes. My god. My spine started to tingle. My face softened. All sounds . . . firetrucks. . . passing cars, . . seemed to fade away. I didn't want to be bothered with anyone else, as if he was all I had. Was all I wanted. My lower waits tingles as he places his palms on them. I lean forward; wanting to be closer in his arms. I slowly look up at him. He grinned his crooked smile at me, stopping my breath and my heart. I couldn’t imagine how an angel could be any more glorious. There was nothing about him that could be improved upon. His eyes - his green eyes - calmed me in an instant. Suddenly I was. . . whole. I knew where I was. I knew where I was was safe. I knew it. He looks at both of my eyes, as serious as ever. As if he was seeing through me, at all my thoughts, and memories. He slowly leans in to me, and I have no problem doing the same. It was just then that his lips met mine. First - it was a slight brush. . . then a press,. . . then an embrace.

It was then that I pulled away from his kiss. It was then that I needed to know the truth.

Our foreheads tilt and lean on each other, yet our lips wanted to do the same. I take a deep breath and purse my lips. He looked at them and narrowed his eyes, as if it was a tease to him.

"Are. . . are you. . . ashamed to be with me. . .?" I say in a low tone, calm and wanting.

His gaze visions from my mouth to my eyes, once again. He grabs hold to my fingers and slides his between mine.

"Every night I dream . . . Every single night. . . I wish to dream about you. And I'm not ashamed of it."

My stomach leaped. I wanted this man. I wanted him deeply. Deeper than deep. Was that such a sin?

Time stood still has our lips embraced each other once again. For all I knew, we were the only two people on earth in that moment. Everything was right in the world. When time resumed it's cruel, cruel passing, all I wanted was to be together as one once more. His tongue lingered, . . . and mine danced. It was the perfect kiss. A kiss I'd hated to pull away from. . .

James. . . James Connor Lucas was mine. He was mine forever. Mine truly.

I mean, let's just hope so.

His hands cup my waist as I level up to him. My hands cover his face, his hair , him. Before I knew it, I was on the couch of love, and my dress was being ripped off.

"Wait, wait, please-" I pant.

I'd just got sexually assulted. I wasn't ready for this. . . not yet.

"Can we take it slow? I just. . "

"Oh, of course, love," He freezes, and takes a breathe. "I'm not going anywhere." He seeks my emotion, that was kept in my eyes. "Anywhere."

He looks down at our pressed body, then at me. I grin slightly. He gets up, and helps me. he pulls down his vest. I look up at him. As much as I wanted to . . . I needed patients. I'd just lost it. . . I needed more time.

I lean closer to him in the middle of the room. I lean onto him and lay my head on his shoulder. With my hand, I place it on his chest, just to feel his heart. I don't know if it was because of this, or what. . . but, that second I felt his heart beating, it slowed. The tempo. His breathing became regular.

 "I love you." I said.

I felt like I had to. I felt like it was the ony thing I could say. And the only true thing I felt.

His soft fingers linger on my face; my cheek. His warmth. . . made my heart stop. "I love you, too, Alexis."

I take a deep breathe. I really wanted him. I loved him.