Chapter 19- A Date Saturday, August 16, 2014

It has been a long day at work. Heck, it's been a long week and all I wanted to do was settled in my bed and go to sleep. So when I came into the door only for Derek to tell me we were going out again, all I wanted to choke him and cuss him out.

"Don't over think it, babe. Just come." He said.

Being the good girlfriend that I am, I didn't comply to my violent thoughts and went out with him.

Trying for an excuse to get back in the house, I said, "Derek? This is all just so strange. Do you want me to change or something?"

"Nope. I don't." He said, looking up and down my black collared shirt and khakis pants. "Please just trust me."

Looking in his deep, chocolate eyes I can tell that this whole thing means a lot to him. I don't want to be the one to break his heart, I gave a defeated sigh and spoke up.

"Fine."

I hope whatever he is trying to pull off is good.

He kissed my lips as he gave me a blindfold to put it on. I shook my head, thinking that this must be a big deal if I have to cover my eyes the whole way we get there.

"Thank you! I promise you this is going to be legend...wait for it...dary!" He said.

I laughed and said, "Alright Barney Stinson. Whatever you say."

Derek laughed along as we drove to the place only he knows at the moment.

As he drove, he comment, "You look pretty sexy with that blindfold on. Pretty tempting to go pull over to the side and do dirty things with you."

"Derek!" I scolded, swatting his arm, laughing.

I shook my head at my boyfriend and his rated R comments, but it does get me a bit excited.

"What? You don't believe? You think I won't do it?" He said. "Are you calling me liar?"

Knowing where this is going, I finished, ""I ain't calling you a truther!" After a moment of laughing, "So now you're in a good mood.."

"Nice try." He said, knowing where I'm going with that.

Aw nuts. Oh well, I guess I'll see it once we get there. I faced the windows until I knew that we were near our destination. He told me to hold on, before he exited the vehicle and aided me out on my side.

"Easy, easy." He advise as I stepped out. "Now don't let go of my hand."

I rolled my eyes, but complied to what I was told anyway. He whispered 'careful' in my ear as he guided me to place full of pointy branches and leaves crunching. He pulled the string, letting the dark blindfold fall to the ground. I gasped at the scenery. It's the forest part of Somewhere only we know. The dark, gloomy park is lit up with glowing fireflies hung on the tree and a huge bonfire in the middle of the open space. There was red plaid blanket on the ground with a picnic basket on it and a boombox next to it.

"Derek..." I whispered, the beauty of the setting taking over my mind.

"Shh, don't say anything, baby. Just enjoy the time we'll have together." He said, putting his arms around my waist our heads turning all around the wooded area. His hand found its' way to my belly, the baby kicking instantly as he does so. He kissed below my earlobes, "I love you."

No kidding. You don't just do this to someone and not have feelings for them.

I turned in his arm, "You clearly do." I kissed his lips and added, "Don't worry, I love you too."

How can I not? He does every effort to make me happy. I really can't ask for more than this.

"You better." He chuckled, before kissing me again. We swayed under the moonlight, his hands in my hair, my arms draped over his neck. After what feels like ten minutes, feeling the fireworks in our brain, we broke apart for fresh air. "Are you hungry? I made some dinner.