Chapter Two

Sherlock's POV

The door swung open and I heard my brother outside the door. Ugh new room mate.

'Here we go, try to last longer than the other one'

'What-' The boy walks into the room, he has his back to me, but his hair is a sandy colour, he looks tired and fed up. It isn't until he turns around that I realise, it's that boy from the train, with the alcholic sister and war veteran dad..name name...

'John..Watson' He turns around to face me, that is definitely him.

'Sherlock? I didn't know you came here, you should of said!' He seems to of perked up, seen as though he knows me.

'I didn't think it was relevent' I'm not standing up.

'Well, at least I know somebody.'

'Give me your time table.'

'Al...right.'

He hands over his time table and I quickly scan over it.

'We have all the same classes, apart from where you have football, because I have music then.'

'You play an instrument?'

'There is an assembly in 10 minutes, so I suggest you get unpacked quickly and get going.'

'Aren't you coming?'

'No, it will just be boring, the headmaster will come in and give us the same lectures as he does every year, about the rules and regulations, what he expects from us, all that nonsense, oh, and my brother will probably get up and give an obnoxious speech about how 'happy he is to see us all'  I chuckle.

'It's manditory!' John frets, while choosing which drawers to put his socks in.

'Top drawers is the best, and yes, it is manditory, but it will just be the same as every year, so what is the point.'

'They might say something new.'

'Doubt it.'

'They still might.'

'Shut up.'

I heard John sigh before shoving the remainding socks into the drawers. 

'Right well, I'm going..see you later.' John headed for the door and swung it open.

'I'm coming with you.' I sighed and followed after him.

We walked in silence to the grand hall and took our seats. Then we sat listening to the head teacher ramble on and on for the next hour about the school rules, high expectations, blah blah. Irrelevent for anyone to be there really. 

'Dull. Boring. Ah why am I here.' I murmered, John turned and shot me an annoyed look, followed by a short laugh.

'You two. Outside.' Ms Sanbur whispered from the side, grabbing us both roughly by the backs of our coats. We stood outside the grand hall and she shouted/whispered at us.

'How is the boyfriend Ms Sanbur? Have you accepted his proposal yet? Doubt it seen as though he cheated on you, why are you still with him. Probably because you think no one else will have you, you should just dump the bastard and go back to your dogs.' I grinned up at her, John sent me a grin then dropped it.

'How- um..Go back to your dorm Mr Holmes!' She glared down at John

'And you are? New I suppose.'

'John..Watson.'

'Well, John, you ought not to get mixed up with..him, he's a difficult one.'  What a bitch

'Well I'm already mixed up with him, we're in the same dorm, and he's my friend.' John smiles sarcastically at the teacher and walked over to me, then we both walked silently back to the dorm.

A friend. I have a friend.