Chapter Seven

Sherlock's POV

'Merry Christmas, Sherlock. Did you sleep well?' Mr Watson grins and sits across the table from me, next to where his son is sat.

'Yes I did, Mr Watson.'

'Good, John, did you?'

'Actually I didn't, I slept on the old air bed which deflated in the night.' I watch a grin form on John's lips.

'Shall we go unwrap some presents then?' Johns dad jumped up from his chair and set off for the living room. John and I abandon our breakfasts and follow.

I sat awkwardly on the couch across from John's mother, who by now was sleeping, at least I think she's sleeping, while John and his dad exchanged gifts.

'Here, Sherlock, Merry Christmas.' John knelt up and handed me a wrapped box. It was nicely wrapped in metalic blue paper with a red ribbon around it. It had a small label on it that read;

   To Sherlock

I know you "don't do Christmas" but I had to get

you a little something.

From John

John grinned up at me, waiting for me to open the present. I carefully pulled the ribbon off then the wrapping paper. I opened up the box and inside it laid a blue scarf, like the one I already have but it looked nicer and newer.

'Thank you, John.' I pulled the scarf out, it's silky material sliding through my fingers. I smelt nicer than my old scarf aswell.

'You're welcome, Sherlock.' He turned back around and carried on talking to his dad and exchanging more gifts.

After the exchanging of gifts was over, we all headed upstairs to start getting dressed. John's family was coming over for Christmas dinner. 

'Maybe I should go home.' 

'Why? What's wrong?' John whipped round and looked at me.

'I just think Christmas should be spent with just family, I'm sure they won't want some awkward 15 year old boy hanging around during Christmas.'

'I'm sure they won't mind Sherlock.'

'It's fine John.' I headed over to my bag and started packing my stuff away. Of course I didn't want to go, but I had to, I didn't belong there with all the happiness and family. I belonged back at my familys house, with my cold hearted parents, sat in my bedroom.

John's POV

Sherlock's car arrived 20 minutes later, he wrapped his new scarf around his neck and headed to the car without so much as a goodbye. I spent the rest of the morning in my bedroom, whenever my dad came up to see if I was ok, I was "still getting ready". I eventually left my bedroom once Harriet had arrived. She pulled me into a hug as I got to the bottom of the stairs, when she stepped back I realised Clara was stood timidly behind her, they must of gotten back together.

'So, John, you liking the new school?' Harriet said between a mouthful of chicken.

I nodded with fake enthusiasm and kept chewing my food longer than I needed to.

'Made any new friends?' 

'Yes.' I swallowed my food and answered.

'Well, what's his name?'

'Sherlock.' I put another large forkfull of food into my mouth.

'He's a ... different one.' My dad added from the top of the table.

'How so?' Harriet put her fork down and I rolled my eyes.

'He is just strange, not the normal boy.'

'You should probably think about getting a new friend John.' They all turned to look at me.

'For god sake, there is nothing wrong with Sherlock, well, I mean, I like that he is different. He definitely isn't your stereotypical teenage boy, thats why I like him, and he is a good friend.' I looked up from my plate and they were all exchanging odd glances.

'So, dad, when did you meet him?' Harriet quickly changed the subject.

'Oh last night, and we saw him this morning while they were eating pancakes.'

'He didn't like the pancakes.' I laughed quietly. 

'Really? He seemed to be enjoying it while we were talking, he finished it all off quite quickly.'

'I knew he liked them.' I said quietly and laughed again. He is odd. But that's why I like him.

(A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is a big crappy and short.))

(PS: I'd just like to say yet another big thank you for getting me to over 200 reads, this is great, thank you everybody who read/is reading my story ))