Chapter 69

"Donald Trump is winning."

"Ew, what the hell? Why are people voting for him." Lauren muttered. "And why would you bring that topic up?"

You shrugged, "I don't know. Because I wanted to hear you rant about him? I hate him too, Lauren."

Lauren looked up at you, grinning slightly. You two were on Lauren's bed, her sitting in-between your legs with her head on your chest. Your back was on the headboard, giving you both support.

The door opened, revealing Normani.

"Mani! Hey." Lauren greeted her.

"Hi." She mumbled.

"So, how was your day? Are you being honest and everything else?" You asked, looking at her. You had recently told Lauren about everything that happened.

"Yes," she sighed, sitting down on her bed. "Ally and I talked, and we're taking things slow."

"And what about Dinah?" You asked. Normani didn't meet your eyes.

"Not yet."

You frowned, "Normani.."

"I know! And I will talk to her, okay?"

"Okay."

---

Dinah entered her door room. She swallowed, looking at Zendaya's sighed of the room. Her posters, her sheets, her stuff.

Dinah shook her head, taking in a sharp breath. She set down on her bed, staring at the floor. The floor where Zendaya once stood. The floor where Zendaya laughed, walked, everything.

Dinah looked up, then in her closest to see clothes. And that black fucking dress. The black dress that she worse.

Dinah stared at the casket, feeling nothing. She felt empty. She could hear the man talking, but didn't process what he said.

Dinah and all of her friends stood around. She looked up, seeing the beautiful picture of Zendaya.

She saw the casket being lowered. And she realized that this is real. Zendaya is gone. Dead. Not existing. Not breathing. Not anymore.

Once everyone was gone, Dinah broke down. Her legs gave up on her, her knees digging into the ground. And ever since her death, Dinah cried. Her tears streaming down her face, her breathing fast. The aching pain in her chest returning, but only harder.

She felt a warm and soft hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Normani, who was silently crying.

That fucking dress. Those fucking clothes. Those clothes of Zendaya, who was now gone. Dinah stood up, kicking the nightstand out of anger.

Zendaya left her here. All alone. She left Dinah in this horrible fucking world. She left Dinah. She's gone. And Dinah couldn't stand that.

Dinah felt angry. She took the black dress, throwing it across the room. She took a picture of her and Zendaya, and without thinking, she threw it. The picture frame shattered and fell to the ground.

She put her hands behind her head, angry tears falling from her eyes. The pain in her chest, that share stabbing pain. She couldn't stand it. She was tired of it, she was tired of it all. She was tired of feeling. Tired of crying. Tired of hurting. She just wanted to turn it off.

Dinah thought back to high school. She remembered how Y/N had shut off her feelings in the beginning of the year. But then Lauren came around and changed that all. She wanted to shut her feelings off, completely.

---

Dinah spotted you reading on a bench. She walked over to you, now standing in front of you. You, seeing a shadow, looked up from your book.

"Dinah," you smiled. "Sit." You put your book down. Dinah set down. "What can I do for you?"

"How do you shut your feelings off? I mean, in high school - before Lauren came - you were shut off." Dinah asked.

"My feelings weren't completely off, Dinah," you paused. "They weren't. Because I cared about Camila and my family. You can't ever stop caring. You can't ever stop feeling or anything. Lauren just, she just made me realize that."

"Yeah..but I'm tired of it, Y/N. I'm tired of caring and crying and - I just hate it."

"Don't we all?" You inquired. "But it's life, Dinah. And you take one step at a time to get through it. Speaking of which, talk to Normani soon. She's been wanting to but she can't. She thinks it's her fault."

"For what?"

"Zendaya."

"Oh," Dinah muttered. "It isn't her fault."

"She needs to hear that from you. She won't listen to Ally or me. Or anyone, except you." You shrugged.

"Okay," Dinah muttered as you got up. "And Y/N?"

You paused to look at her.

"Thank you."

You smiled at her, "Anytime, Dinah."

---

have a good day today

i have to go to school now

-Gracie