Chapter 17 - Broken

Thursday, May 26th, 2016

Jack's POV (SURPRISE!)

I tapped my foot anxiously as I sat at the table. It was just after school and I was waiting for a certain boy to show up.

I had been all alone in class. The teacher suspected something was wrong because I had been silent the entire class, but I told him it was nothing.

Really, I was basically a crack head who hadn't had his fix.

Still, despite my waiting, he didn't shown up. I tore off my beanie and ran a hand through my hair. I needed to see him. It was almost painful when he wasn't there. My leg continued to bounce uncontrollably as I took out my phone. I was about to text him when someone sat down in front of me.

"Jack, what's the matter?" Molly put her hand on top of mine and looked at me with concern.

I could feel myself begin to sweat. I opened my mouth to speak, but I shut it quickly. I feared that if I spoke I would have a breakdown and totally fall apart in front of Molly.

She turned in her seat and watched the students pass by with me. Once all the students were gone, she nodded knowingly.

"He's not here today, is he?" She asked quietly. I crossed my arms on the table and lay my head down. "He didn't tell you anything?" I shook my head, still refusing to look up. "And you're worried about him?"

"Hell yeah I'm worried!" I looked up and shouted. I blinked back a few burning tears. "He would have told me something, texted me, called me, whatever! Something bad must've happened..." I paused. "He could've gotten in a wreck driving to school, or gotten hurt, or..." Finally a few tears slipped. I bunched up my hair in my hands and let out a sob. Molly frowned and wiped away a few tears.

"Hey, he probably just got sick." She said quietly.

"HE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME!" I stood up and shouted at the top of my lungs. The tears flowed out like a waterfall. Molly sat calmly at the table.

"He's probably been resting. If he's sick, he should be sleeping, not texting people while they're at school." She continued in a quiet, calm voice. Thoughts ran through my head like a hectic tornado. It was as if there were a forest fire in my mind.

"I NEED HIM HERE! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" I threw my bag to the floor. I hated breaking down like this in front of Molly. My friends knew how to handle it and they were used to it by now, but I still hated it. It was so difficult to control my emotions, I felt like a bomb just waiting to go off unpredictably at any second.

"I know. It's okay, Jack. You just need to take a deep breath." Her voice was steady and a billion times softer than mine was. "It will be okay. Not right now, but eventually. You just need to get there. You need to calm down."

I took a shaky breath and let a few more tears fall. "I need him. He's the only one that can keep me from doing this. He's the only one that can calm me down." I sobbed, "I need him."

Molly picked up my bag off the floor. She unzipped the small pocket and pulled out the little orange bottle that I wished I didn't need.

"Here. Just breathe, okay?" She handed me two small white pills and a bottle of water. I quickly took the pills and took a sip of water. "Are you okay now?" She asked quietly.

"No. I'll never be okay. Not without Mark."

~AN~

THE PLOT THICKENS LIKE PEANUT BUTTER

IF ONLY PEANUT BUTTER COULD THICKEN

JUST GO WITH IT, IT'S LIKE 10:30PM AND I'M SICK

Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading, and if you liked it, PUNCH that vote button in the face, LIKE A BOSS! And I will see all you fangirls IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!