8

AN: Keep in mind that Kellin's last name was not Quinn in the beginning of the story.

There was something about the feeling after sex; when your body is falling back to reality from being somewhere else. And there was something about falling beside the person, sweaty and out of breath while the only thing on your mind is the climax that just occurred.

The best is when you loved the person- because it just makes everything that much more intense. I've felt that all-consuming and intense feeling many times, because I've loved many people. I don't think I'm naïve, I'm just a loving person. People are just so amazing in general, and I find it easy to get attached to them and think that they are my everything in that moment. Sure, it makes it hard when they turn out to not be my forever, but then I just go and find somebody else to fall in love with.

"Why do you wear this everyday?" Sam, my girlfriend asked. She had her arms folded on me while she laid on my chest. I could feel her breasts pressed against me and our legs tangled under the covers. She held my necklace in her hand, twirling it around.

"I like it," I shrugged, although that wasn't the extent of the answer.

"It's kind of gay," She commented. I rolled my eyes at this, because she was always making comments like that. Sam and I have been seeing each other for a couple of months now, and she was really something else. She always kept me on my toes. She was a short, little thing with bleach blonde hair and hazel eyes. She drove me a bit crazy with her insane expectations of me, but she was good company and she helped pay for my apartment since I didn't have a job at the moment.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you are." She snickered, pushing herself off of me and getting out of the bed.

"Pan. I'm pan, I've told you this before," I said. There was a big difference, but she never took it seriously. I think the idea of me being with guys before freaked her out, but it shouldn't matter because I was with her now.

"But you like dick, right?" She asked, theoretically. I remained laying in bed while she collected her clothes, getting dressed again.

"I'm with you, aren't I?"

"Yeah, but I'm sexy. Who wouldn't want to be with me?" She shrugged with a big smile, making me laugh even though what she said did kind of hurt. After Sam had gotten fully dressed and threw on her shoes, she gave one last look in the mirror before she was announcing she was leaving.

"Well, I'm off. I'll text you," She said, coming over and giving me a quick kiss. Sam worked a lot-the whole 9 to 5- so she couldn't stick around long, but I didn't mind because when she was here, she was fun.

"I love you," I said to which she just smiled before kissing me again. Sam never says she loves me back, which didn't surprise me since we haven't been seeing each other for long, but I already knew how I felt about her, and personally wasn't afraid to express it.

"Get a job!" She called out right before slipping through the door. She always said that, but I knew she was only pulling my leg. She always told me that she didn't mind helping me out with rent, and whatever else I needed, just as long as I wasn't only taking advantage of her- which I wasn't.

I laughed to myself, getting out of bed and heading to the restroom to shower. Once I had gotten cleaned up, I got dressed and headed into town to actually look for a job. I made a mental note to stay away from fast-food places, because I worked at a Pizza Hut before and absolutely hated it. Dealing with rude consumers all day, and coming home smelling like food was not worth the free leftovers.

About two hours into job hunting, I had put 6 applications in, and now some coffee from when I took a break. It was pretty hot in California. There was always sunshine, and never any rain. I was sweating like I had ran a marathon, and was ready to head back to my apartment, until I came across a large building that kind of looked like a warehouse from the outside, but had in large neon lights 'Zero' at the front of the building. The doors were wide open, so I decided it wouldn't hurt to check it out.