12

Sorry this chapter took 30000 years. I didn't have my computer and then I was totally invested in 'The L Word'. I finished it in a little over a week Omg.

I sat with Gabe during lunch like we had been doing for two weeks now. We had become pretty close in the short time that we've known each other, and it was such a comforting feeling to have a best friend.

Gabe and I sat at a small, round table at a burger place that was just down the street from 'Zero'. We were both kind of quiet today. I knew why I was, because I was thinking about Vic. Not in a werid way, but just about what I had seen when we were at his house. Andrew and Vic were in a real heated discussion, and it worried me. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I found out that Andrew has ever hurt him, physically. Andrew was a big guy,and I think it's pretty obvious that he doesn't really take Vic's feelings into considersation, considering he was so ready to have sex with me, and Gabe had said that he had done that before. I just got a bad vibe from the guy. I didn't like him at all.

I glanced to Gabe who was looking out the window we sat near. Gabe wasn't one to really talk about himself. He was one to make jokes and listen to what you had to say, but I did appreciate it.

"Gabe..." I started. He nodded to me to continue.

"Do you think Andrew has ever hit Vic?" I asked, the words made my throat dry. Just the thought made me feel sick. I don't even know why I asked. I needed another opinion on this, and it just came out like word vomit.

"Yeah," He said bluntly before stealing a fry from my plate.

My body didn't even know how to react to his answer. I sort of just froze and watched him, trying to figure out if he was being serious or not.

"Well, I mean, I don't know for sure, but have you seen Andrew? He's a huge, and kind of an asshole." He shrugged, like this wasn't a big deal.

"We need to do something," I voiced.

"No, we don't. And why do you care so much anyways? Do you have a little crush on your manager?" He said, wiggling his brows in a teasing way, but that wasn't it at all. Gabe knows I have a girlfriend, and I'm a loyal partner, But that doesn't stop me from being worried about Vic.

"No, it's just..." I drifted, averting my eyes to my plate instead of Gabe. I started to think about when I was a kid, and my friend, Vic would get hit by his mom. I hated seeing him like that, so defenseless and thinking that it's okay for somebody to do that to him.

"I used to have to this friend, and his mom used to hit him, so I guess it kind of scares me when somebody has to go though that, you know?" I explained.

"Yeah, I get it. I get that you want to help, but you can't save everyone." He said. "Are you gonna eat the rest of your fries?" he asked after, making a complete 180 from our previous discussion. I rolled my eyes and pushed my plate towards him.

When we got back to 'Zero' we started on inventory. Well, actually I mostly just sat on the bar and watched Gabe do inventory. It was just us and Vic today, so it was ever so boring, which made me not want to work.

"So, are you gay?" I asked Gabe, swinging my feet, bored out of my mind and wanting to start a conversation. I've told him about me and Sam, but he has never told me about his relationship situation. But I remember Vic telling be how he thought I was his only straight employee.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, nevermind." I shook my head, deciding that maybe I shouldn't have asked that. He will tell me when he is ready.

"You know what, why don't you get your pretty ass off that bar, and take these up to Vic?" he suggested, handing me a few clipboards. I sighed, wanting to have done as little as possible today.