Chapter 24

Now, I've been lost before. I just got back from being lost. But this was something I didn't ever want to be in again.

It was the long tunnel we call King's Cross Station, but it was full of old oil barrels who had long since held fire, and were burnt to a metal crisp. Newspaper floated around aimlessly and seemed to have no connecting with gravity, as they were anywhere but somewhere.

"Hello," I heard a small child say. "Hello? Dan!" I heard a small child say, and she ran over behind me, looking for someone. "AH! Who are you?" She cried, trying to take a metal shard out of her picket without cutting herself. "Please stop trying to hurt me. I'm Hermione, and I'm looking for a Dan, too," I explained. The little girl put a hand on her hip. "I am you, Hermione Granger. This is childhood in adulthood. It's not a very charming place, is it?"

~~~

As I walked, I saw different scenes replay through my childhood, obviously, but I saw the background that I hadn't seen before. My parents weren't really my parents, I was adopted. I never had a cat, it was a cat goddess named Bast. Things I should've seen but couldn't, like I was trapped or held back from them. "Where are we going?" I finally asked. "Home," the girl said. Then I finally regained consciousness.